Many new shooters have never owned or fired a revolver, but the tried-and-true revolver still has a lot going for it — and a lot of life left in the tank if all the new versions being offered today are any indication.
- RELATED STORY: Top 8 Revolvers From COMBAT HANDGUNS
Here are 10 reasons why you should consider adding one to your stable as soon as possible.
- Revolvers have a style that’s retro-cool.
- The double-action revolver defines reliability.
- Nothing is smoother than a finely tuned revolver trigger.
- Magnum: .327, .357, .41, .44, .460 and .500. Nothing else needs to be said.
- The craftsmanship of a good revolver is some of the best mechanical engineering you may ever see.
- Wheelguns connect us with our shooting history.
- When introducing others to the sport, the simplicity of the revolver can be comforting to the novice shooter.
- There are some competitions open to revolver shooters only.
- Because of their craftsmanship and novelty, revolvers start conversations at the range.
- It is a gun you don’t yet own.
- RELATED STORY: Gun Review: Smith & Wesson’s M&P R8 Wheelgun
The article above was published in the 2015 Gun Buyer’s Guide. To subscribe, please visit PersonalDefenseWorld.com/subscribe.