As the budget belt at many departments begins to tighten, agencies and individual officers begin looking for affordable AR-15 rifles for patrol work.
- RELATED STORY: Affordable & Effective: 16 AR-15 Rifles For Under $1,000
The threats to police officers and the citizens they serve have not gone away merely because the line item for equipment has. And in the civilian world, cash may be tight for many families, but your personal and home defense is still paramount.
Fortunately, there are several manufacturers producing high-quality rifles that won’t break the bank. All of the guns on this list are from recognized names in the industry, and many are ready to go to work straight from the box.
- RELATED STORY: 24 of the Best 7.62mm, .458 SOCOM and 300 BLK Rifles
Here’s a look at eight of the top AR-15s that come in at less than $1,000.
- ArmaLite M-15 Law Enforcement Carbine: armalite.com; 800-336-0184
- Bushmaster Carbon-15 M4 Quad Rail: bushmaster.com; 800-998-7928
- Del-Ton Echo 316 MOE: del-ton.com; 910-645-2172
- Diamondback DB15SB: diamondbackfirearms.com; 877-997-6774
- DPMS AP4 Carbine: dpmsinc.com; 800-578-3767
- Ruger AR-556: ruger.com
- Smith & Wesson M&P15 Sport: smith-wesson.com; 800-331-0852
- Windham Weaponry Carbon-Fiber SRC: windhamweaponry.com; 855-808-1888