Troy Defense, a division of Troy Industries, has unveiled their new Sporting Rifle. This rifle replaces the semi-automatic action commonly found in AR-15s with manually operated pump-action. It is designed for sporting and defense applications in states which have restricted the ownership of semi-automatic sporting rifles. Check out the video below for more about this new rifle from Troy Defense.
Chambered in .223/5.56mm, the Troy Sporting Rifle has a 16-inch Melonite-lined barrel with a 1:7 twist, an Alpha-style handguard with a full-length top rail, front and rear M4 BattleSights manufactured by Troy, a folding 5 position stock, a Troy BattleAx Control Grip, a 10-round magazine capacity, a billet machined upper and lower receiver with a Mil-Spec hardcoat anodized finish, an overall weight of six pounds and a length of 36.25″ with the stock open and extended.
MSRP and release date for this rifle is not yet available. See below for more information.
Specifications: Troy Sporting Rifle
- Model: TROY Sporting Rifle – PAR
- Caliber: .223 / 5.56 mm
- Type: Sporting Rifle / Pump Action
- Weight: 6 lbs
- Length: 36.25″ stock open & extended / 33.75″ stock open & collapsed / 26.25″ stock folded
- Action: Pump Action
- Capacity: 10rd Magazine
- Safety: Manual lever with indicator markings on both sides of receiver
- Receiver: Billet Machined railed flat-top upper receiver, billet machined lower receiver, m4 feed ramps, MIL-SPEC hardcoat anodized finish
- Trigger: Standard Trigger
- Barrel: 16″ Melonite Barrel
- Muzzle Device: Double Chamber Muzzle Brake
- Rifling: 1 turn in 7 right hand twist
- Stock: Folding 5 position stock
- Forend: Alpha-Style handguard with full length top rail, Integrated pump Action
- Pistol Grip: TROY BattleAx Control Grip
- Rear Sight: TROY Rear Folding BattleSight
- Front Sight: TROY Front Folding M4 BattleSight
For more information about the new Sporting Rifle and the full range of products currently offered by Troy Defense, please visit http://www.troydefense.com