Weapon retention is a basic survival skill drilled into recruit officers at the academy. Unfortunately, this basic lesson is not always carried over to the administrative duties of maintaining and storing department weapons. Too many news reports of rifles and other weapons missing from department armories have hit local headlines in recent years.
- RELATED STORY: 9 Concealed Gun Safes, Holster Mounts For Your Vehicle
It is very important to make sure police officers have the tools they need for an increasingly dangerous job. However, it is equally important to account for each weapon that is acquired by a department — which is why investing in gun lockers is a great idea for every department.
Not only do agencies have a fiduciary responsibility to taxpayers to ensure monies are reasonably spent, but allowing criminal access to firearms is unconscionable.
- RELATED STORY: 6 New Tactical Products To Help LEOs in the Field
Scroll through the gallery above for a look at several different gun lockers for safely storing weapons at the department.
For more information on the gun lockers mentioned above, please visit the following websites or call the accompanying numbers:
- Covered 6 RTD: securerifle.com; 805-926-2055
- Datum Argos Cabinet: datumstorage.com; 800-828-8018
- DLS Weapon Storage Cabinets: dlsweaponsystems.com; 800-405-5250
- Fasco FLGC-700: fascosecurityproducts.com; 763-434-9841
- Franklin Mills Weapons Cabinet: franklinmillsco.com; 888-678-4585
- SecureIt Tactical Weapon Storage Platform: secureittactical.com; 800-651-8835
- SEKURE Expandable Weapons Rack: 866-601-1671; seksolutions.com
- Spacesaver UWR: spacesaver.com; 800-255-8170
- Tiffin Metal Products Weapons Rack: sentinellockers.com; 800-537-0983
- TSI Universal Weapon Cabinets: tsiweapons.com; 719-593-5888