Shooting another human being is one of the most traumatic events a law enforcement officer is likely to face. When it has to be done, you want to be assured that the ammunition will rapidly stop the attacker so he cannot harm you, your partner or any member of the public you are sworn to protect.
- RELATED STORY: 19 Pieces of Reloading Gear For Every Step of the Process
Scroll through the gallery above for a look at some of the modern hollow-point ammo that a law enforcement agency might consider for patrol or specialized uses.
- RELATED STORY: 13 Manufacturers with Cutting Edge AR Ammo
For more information on the hollow-point ammo mentioned in the gallery above, please visit the following websites.
- Barnes TAC-XPD: barnesbullets.com; 800-574-9200
- Black Hills: black-hills.com; 605-348-5150
- CorBon DPX: corbon.com; 800-626-7266
- Federal Premium HST: federalpremium.com; 800-379-1732
- Hornady Critical Duty: hornady.com; 800-338-3220
- HPR Black Ops OTF: hprammo.com; 928-468-0223
- Remington Golden Saber Black Belt: remington.com; 800-243-9700
- Ruger ARX: ruger.com
- Sig Sauer Elite Performance: sigsauer.com; 603-610-3000
- Speer Gold Dot: speer-ammo.com; 800-379-1732
- Wilson Combat Pinnacle: wilsoncombat.com; 800-955-4856
- Winchester Ranger: winchester.com