You probably don’t appreciate your AR’s trigger the way you should, and certainly not the way you will after seeing the purpose-designed options out there. I didn’t either until I really dug into this research. It’s no secret that dozens of companies make countless versions of the exact same components of AR-pattern rifles, or that among those confusing options are many different flavors of basically the same thing. But in the world of triggers, there is a range of truly different designs unlike anything that exists for other basic components of the rifle.
- RELATED STORY: Trident Trigger: An Improvement Over Your Mil-Spec Trigger
Let’s get familiar with a few trigger options to sample the range of designs and maybe find a model that will transform your experience with your rifle. That’s a big goal, but replacing your trigger can actually make an astounding difference.
- RELATED STORY: HIPERFIRE Releases EDT2 Enhanced Duty Trigger
It’s a confusing world, but we spent considerable time making a functional sort of sense of it for you, and we hope these samples — of the hundreds available — contain some things you didn’t know about AR-pattern trigger design — and maybe an option that’ll help with your style of shooting.
Scroll through the gallery above for a list of options.
For more information on the triggers mentioned in the gallery above, please visit the following websites:
- Armalite Tactical Two-Stage: armalite.com; 800-336-0184
- Bravo Company PNT: bravocompanyusa.com; 877-272-8626
- Elftmann Tactical ELF X-2: elftmanntactical.com; 602-773-9159
- Elftmann Tactical ELF 3-Gun: elftmanntactical.com; 602-773-9159
- HIPERFIRE HIPERTOUCH EDT2: hiperfire.com; 651-762-2800
- JARD AR MST: jardinc.com; 712-324-7409
- JARD AR Top Adjustable: jardinc.com; 712-324-7409
- JP EZ Fire Control With Roller Trigger: jprifles.com; 651-426-9196
- LaRue Tactical MBT-2S: laruetactical.com; 512-259-1585
- Patriot Ordnance Factory EFP 2: pof-usa.com; 623-561-9572
- Patriot Ordnance Factory Combat: pof-usa.com; 877-561-9572
- Rock River Arms Two-Stage Match Trigger Kit: rockriverarms.com; 866-980-7625
- Ruger Elite 452 MSR Trigger: ruger.com
- Timney AR-15 Competition: timneytriggers.com; 866-484-6639
- Trident 4-Pound Tactical Trigger: tridenttrigger.com; 530-558-8010
- Wilson Combat TTU: wilsoncombat.com; 870-545-3618