Hill People Gear stays concentrates on making gear that has a purpose in the field.
The Recon Kit Bag takes the company’s thin Runner’s profile and adds a PALS grid on the front. This gives users the option of running low profile (size wise if not social wise) or adding their own PALS compatible pouches on the front.
- RELATED STORY: 6 New Pieces of Tactical Gear For Spring 2016
It is really nice with a Blue Force Gear triple 5.56 ten speed pouch on the front. It makes for a good weapon support platform for training classes (mags on front, BUG in the pistol compartment) or a mini-chest rig over a slick plate carrier for patrol.
With its 500D construction, the Recon Kit Bag features a total of eight channels and a three-row PALS grid.
The main feature on Hill People Gear’s bag is the quick access concealed pistol compartment.
The bag is straps on the user with a comfortable mesh backed H-harness, which allows the user to wear the Recon Kit Bag by itself or underneath of a pack. There are elastic keepers for the H-harness straps.
Other features include:
- Velcro loop and dummy cord loop in pistol compartment allow for various retention options
- Tabs with grimlocs at the top for hanging on another pack, or for use with Lifter Straps (optional) for docking to a host pack
- Tabs on the bottom for attaching to another pack, or for use with the Stabilizer Kit (optional) for running with
- Front zippered access flat pocket with two interior slot pockets with dummy cord loops above them
- Pro-tip: one of Hill People Gear’s GI 1-quart bottle holsters mounted on the front of a Recon makes a dandy quick access binocular carrier
The Recon Kit Bag retails for $95 and is available now in ranger green, coyote brown, foliage grey, green, and multicam (for an extra $10).
For more information on the Recon Bag Kit and other products from Hill People Gear, please visit HillPeopleGear.com.