Speer is building on its reputation as a quality manufacturer of duty handgun ammunition with the Gold Dot G2, which features a next-gen bullet design and is now being delivered to law enforcement dealers.
- RELATED STORY: 3 Expert Points on What Makes a Good Bullet
Here’s what the press release says: “Instead of a large cavity in the nose, Gold Dot G2 has only a shallow dish filled with a high-performance elastomer. On impact, the material is forced into specially designed fissures to start the expansion process, as opposed to conventional bullet designs, which need target media to enter the hollow point and create expansion forces. The result is extremely uniform expansion, and more consistent penetration across barrier types, gun platforms and barrel lengths.”
See below for additional info.
- RELATED STORY: 12 of the Best New Hollow Point Ammo For 2016
Features & Benefits
- Passes FBI Protocol Testing
- Nose features a shallow, dish-shaped depression filled with elastomer
- Expansion begins on impact, when elastomer is forced into engineered internal fissures
- Extremely uniform upset and penetration
- Exclusive Gold Dot construction virtually eliminates core/jacket separation
- Structural-plated, pressure-formed core
- Excellent reliability and feeding in duty firearms
Part No. / Description / MSRP
54226 / 9mm Luger 147-grain Gold Dot G2 – 50 count / $27.95
53999 / 40 S&W 180-grain Gold Dot G2 – 50 count / $30.95
54256 / 45 Auto 230-grain Gold Dot G2 – 50 count / $33.95
Speer is a brand of Vista Outdoor Inc., an outdoor sports and recreation company. For more information on Speer, go to www.speer-ammo.com.