Obtain a solid foundation of defensive handgun skills and techniques for concealed carry and personal defense in this course. This class is for individuals who intend to carry a concealed defensive pistol and are seeking handgun skills for self-defense in their everyday environment. NOTE: Fulfills the Massachusetts Dept. of State Police’s requirements for the Basic Firearms Safety Course needed to obtain a License to Carry (LTC) under 515 CMR 3.05(1)(b). This course may fulfill requirements of other states and jurisdictions for obtaining various resident and non-resident handgun permits.
* Firearms Safety
* Safety Concerns and Practices While Carrying Concealed
* Choosing a Concealed Carry Firearm
* Selecting Concealed Carry Equipment
* Presentation of the Firearm from a Concealed Carry Posture
* Defensive Pistol Marksmanship Fundamentals
* Close Proximity Shooting Techniques for Violent Encounters
* One-Handed Operation
* Multiple Shot Techniques
* Identification and Utilization of Cover
* Overview of Alternative Carry Techniques
* Utilization of Force in Self-Defense, both Lethal and Less Lethal
* Pistol Inspection and Maintenance
• Minimum skill level required: Intermediate
• 300 rounds of lead free, non-toxic frangible ammunition is required. Ammunition is available for purchase from SIG SAUER ACADEMY.
• Semi-Auto Pistol in one of the following calibers: .380, 9mm NATO, .357 SIG, .40 S&W, or .45 ACP (no other calibers allowed)
• 3 magazines minimum
• Belt mounted, dominant side concealment holster (all students will be required to wear a waist level, belt mounted, dominant side holster for this course)
• Magazine Pouches
• Sturdy Belt at least 1.5” wide
• Footwear suitable for rapid movement and turning.
• Clothing suitable for training in any weather. Pants must have belt loops. It is highly recommended that you bring a variety of your personal concealment clothing to this course.
• Hat with a brim
• Wraparound eyewear, polycarbonate lenses or non-shattering prescription glasses
• Earmuffs and earplugs
• 20% discount on purchases at SIG SAUER Pro Shop made during the course.
• 20% discount on your next course if you register during this course (Guest Instructor training courses excluded)
• Free loan of SIG SAUER pistols, magazines, holsters, and mag pouches
• Safety gear
• Course manual