- McMillan-Rifle-CourseMcMillan Precision-Rifle Course
- Compact-Stubby-RifleMcMillan Precision-Rifle Course Compact "Stubby" Rifle
- Lapua-Running-the-BoltMcMillan Precision-Rifle Course Lapua Running the Bolt
- Loophole-ShootingMcMillan Precision-Rifle CourseLoophole Shooting
- McMillan-Rifles-CourseMcMillan Precision-Rifle Course Sign
- Rifle-Muzzle-BlastMcMillan Precision-Rifle Course Muzzle Blast
- McMillan Rifle-CourseMcMillan Rifle Course
- Rifle-Course-Shooting-PlatformMcMillan Precision-Rifle Course Shooting Platform
- Rifle-Night-VisionMcMillan Precision-Rifle Course Night Vision
- Rifle-Course-Thermal-ViewMcMillan Precision-Rifle Course Termal View
Toward the end of March each year McMillan offers a week-long precision-rifle training for those who own or want to try out a McMillan rifle. This year the first two days of training were free to McMillan rifle-owners and their guests. The rest simply paid tuition and were setup with a rifle and any needed gear. The final three days of training involved more advanced training in long-range and nighttime shooting—thanks to McMillan I was able to attend this latter part of training week.
Class is taught at ranges bordering the Cowtown Paintball field. There is some shooting into canyons at very long ranges. Staying just a few miles outside Peoria, Arizona, was incredibly convenient: my hotel was situated close to dozens of restaurants and shops while being only ten minutes from the ranges.
The training staff consisted of proven, experienced instructors. One, Rob Petterson, was a combat Marine who had multiple deployments abroad. He was both a Scout Sniper team leader and a Chief Scout. Assisting him was Staff Sergeant Jonathan Geib, a member of the Army National Guard Marksman Unit. Both an experienced competitor and Army Ranger, Jonathan brought a great deal of experience to the table. Both men were incredibly professional, easy to talk to and excellent instructors. Also assisting were McMillan employees and some S.T.A. Training group instructors. The entire staff was incredibly helpful and a joy to be around.