In perhaps one of the more significant advancements of the bolt action rifle platform since the introduction of the 100+ year old Mauser bolt action rifle design with wooden “furniture”, Ashbury Precision Ordnance Mfg. (APO) has to date been granted 15 USPTO utility and design patents on the advanced SABER®-FORSST® modular rifle chassis system. The SABER® modular rifle chassis is a significant step forward in the realm of the “man-machine” interface for modern bolt action rifles.
APO proudly introduces the SABER® Enhanced Factory Rifle (S.E.F.R.) that combines popular new factory barreled actions professionally installed in specially configured SABER® modular rifle chassis. These high performance “semi-custom” rifles packages are now available from the APO Armory.
Gone are the days when sportsmen and professional rifle marksmen had to purchase a commercially off the shelf rifle, and tolerate stock designs that simply did not fit the shooter. Traditional wood, fiberglass, alloy and composite rifle stocks, that lack ergonomic adjustability cannot be readily changed by the user, require costly add-on’s and professional gunsmithing time to achieve optimal functionality and accuracy. The more demanding the rifle shooter, the more S.E.F.R. rifles deliver, in a moderately priced and completely user configurable and upgradeable modular rifle package!
The initial small caliber S.E.F.R. package being offered by APO is the Remington M700 SPS Tactical 20” .308Win AAC®-SD® featuring a factory 5/8×24 threaded muzzle, and 3.5lb tuned trigger in a SABER RSA-A3 MOD-0 with a folding hand tool adjustable (HTA) shoulder stock, ERGO Tactical hand grip, detachable 10rd box magazine and 20 MOA unitized monolithic rail for a retail price of $2,912.25. The very first of these customized and specially engraved SABER® -FORSST® modular rifle chassis S.E.F.R. rifles built by APO were donated in November 2012 at the International Sniper Competition to the Army Sniper Association to benefit the SSG Eric Caban Fallen Sniper Fund.
The soft shooting, hard hitting medium caliber S.E.F.R package being offered by APO is the powerful Savage 110BA in .338 Lapua Magnum featuring a heavy target 1-in-9” twist barrel, factory threaded muzzle and AAC Blackout muzzle brake, in a SABER SVL-A2 MOD-0 chassis with fully adjustable folding HTA shoulder stock, detachable 10rd CIP length box magazine, ERGO Tactical hand grip, and 30 MOA unitized monolithic rail for a retail price of $3,720.00.
S.E.F.R rifles are easily maintained, re-configurable and upgradable by the user. These typical 1MOA rifles, can also be ordered with an APO Precision Performance Package (
“We have built S.E.F.R rifle packages around two very popular rifles on the market today”, says Morris Peterson president of Ashbury International Group Inc., “the .308 Remington SPS Tactical AAC®-SD® in the SABER chassis offers incredible versatility for hunters, competitors and law enforcement. The Savage 110 in .338 Lapua Magnum is a great value price point for the long range shooter.”
Sportsmen, hunters, practical rifle competitors, target shooters and law enforcement can now purchase semi-custom rifles in small and medium calibers “commercially off the shelf”. A wide range of SABER chassis accessories, complete rifle packages and long range shooting equipment are also available from Ashbury Precision Ordnance Mfg.
For more information about Ashbury Precision Ordnance Mfg., SABER®-FORSST® Modular Rifle Chassis systems or our precision long range shooting equipment line, please visit the APO Welcome section of our website. Also, please visit us at the 2013 SHOT Show in booth #26407 located in the Law Enforcement section of the exhibition. www.AshburyIntlGroup.com
SABER Chassis Design Features
– Completely modular rifle chassis system for short, long, extra-long, very long and large caliber barreled bolt action receivers.
– Ergonomically designed for precision shooting.
– Aerospace grade alloys, advanced composites and high strength light weight carbon fiber construction.
– “Bedding-less” action interface technological design.
– Right and left hand models are standard production.
– Adjustable cheek piece height, length of pull (LOP), vertical recoil pad drop and optional height adjustable multi-position
Monopod available on three (3) different shoulder stock configurations.
– Center Chassis Sections are interchangeable between short, long, XL and VL action models providing nearly 66% component compatibility.
– Interchangeable parts, components, sub-assemblies and accessories.
– Detachable A1-5rd, A-2 10rd or A3-5 and 10rd magazines with ambidextrous paddle lever magazine release.
– Magpul M1AD conformable hand grip set or ERGO Grip M-16/AR-15 style handgrips.
– Variable grip angles (e.g. M40-11°, 1911-17° and M16-27° ).
– Adjustable hand grip-to-trigger distance.
– Interchangeable Modular Forends:
o SPORTER traditional styled sporting (composite) forend with dual sling swivel attachment studs.
o Carbon Fiber Series (integrated thermal heat/mirage management system) ⊕ MOD-0 Quattro forend with MIL-STD1913 4″ repositionable top and bottom 4″ and bottom rails.
o MOD-1 Quattro forend with MIL-STD1913 unitized monolithic 12 o’clock top (co-linear with day optic) and repositionable 12″ and 4″ “co-bore aligned” side and bottom accessory rails.
– AL (alloy series) MOD-1 and MOD-0 Quattro forend design with MIL-STD1913 12″ and 4″ accessory rail positions at 12-3-6 and 9 o’clock positions.
o Flushcup sling swivel attachment point along the entire length of the chassis.
o Completely user maintainable in the field with simple hand tools or SABER® Field Multi-Tool.
o Durable corrosion resistant protective finishes that meet MIL-STD 810G.
o Standard Color: Black w/natural black carbon fiber forend. Optional special order colors are Flat Dark Earth, OD Green and Nordic Gray.