Weatherby isn’t playing around. The renowned California-based gun manufacturer came to SHOT Show this year ready to show off its best of the best, and they definitely delivered. Case in point: the Mark V TacMark Elite.
Chambered in .30-378 Wby. Mag., .338 Lapua Mag., and .338-378 Wby. Mag., the Mark V TacMark Elite is the latest in the company’s Mark V series of rifles that made their debut in 1958. It features a 28-inch, No. 3-contour, Krieger Custom match-grade, fluted, free-floating, cut-rifled barrel.
- RELATED STORY: Top 10 Features of the Weatherby PA-459 8-Shot Shotgun
Meanwhile, the Mark V action — which includes a machined steel receiver with integral recoil lug and nine-lug bolt with a 54-degree bolt throw — is attached to an CNC-machined aluminum bedding plate that’s secured within the weather-impervious composite stock, which is adjustable for length of pull (13¼ inches to 14¾ inches), drop at comb, and drop at heel.
This rifle comes weighs in at 11.75 pounds, measures 48 – 49 1/5 inches in overall length, and comes with a Oehler Ballistic Imaging System printout signed and certified by Ed or Adam Weatherby. The rifle sports a sub-MOA accuracy guarantee.
The Mark V TacMark Elite sports a High Desert Camo finish with black spider web accents. It’s available at a suggested retail price of $5,000. Check out a full list of features below, from Weatherby’s website.
- Range Certified SUB-MOA accuracy guarantee (.99” or less 3-shot group at 100 yards when used with Weatherby factory or premium ammunition)
- Comes with printout from Oehler Ballistic Imaging System, including specific load/ballistic data and computer image of actual 3-shot group. Signed and certified by Ed or Adam Weatherby
- LXX Trigger
- Fluted Bolt Body
- 54-Degree Bolt Lift
- Integral Recoil Lug
- Cocking Indicator
- Magnum 9-Lug action
- Fully adjustable stock
- CNC machined aluminum bedding plate
- High Desert Camo with black spiderweb accents
Barrel and Metalwork
- Krieger Custom match grade
- Free Floating
- #3 contour
- Hand-honed action to assure 100% lug contact with the receiver
- DD Ross tactical bolt knob
- Muzzle brake has 90 degree lateral gas dispersion ports
- Detachable 5 round box magazine
For more information about Weatherby, visit http://www.weatherby.com.