Things that go bump in the night need to been seen by the warriors that protect us. Operators and LEO’s now use weapons lights as standard equipment so the question really is WHICH light best suits your tactical needs.
The Streamlight TLR-1 has solved many of the problems that have bedeviled weapon mounted lights, including short burn time and bulb fragility. The TLR-1 uses C4 LED technology, which produces 2 to 3 times the output of previous LEDs and uses two standard CR123 lithium batteries that last for 2.5 hours of consistent light. No longer will you find yourself with a dimming light in the middle of clearing a house or looking for a perp in somebody’s backyard at 0 dark thirty!
The TLR-1 comes with keys so you can swap the quick detachable light between various weapons. That means you can have ONE light for your GLOCK, Beretta 90two, S&W 99 and M4. Other features include;
• LED Rating: Up to 7,000 candela peak beam intensity and up to 135 lumens measured system output. Deep-dish parabolic reflector produces a concentrated beam with optimum peripheral illumination.
• Rail grip clamp system securely attaches/detaches quickly and safely with no tools and without putting your hands in front of muzzle.
• Includes keys for Glock-style, MIL-STD 1913 Picatinny, Beretta 90two, S&W 99 and S&W TSW rails.
• Waterproof to one meter for one hour, dustproof.
• Ambidextrous momentary/steady on/off switch
• 4.18 oz.
• Meets Mil-Spec performance requirements
My impression is that the TLR-1 LED is amazingly bright and provides a consistent light for much longer time compared to the older technology Xenon bulb lights. Available for as little as $99, the value and utility of the TLR-1 is obvious. A bright idea for shooters!