When it comes to supporting one of our most important national assets, our law enforcement community, GLOCK stands right alongside the hundreds of thousands of dedicated law enforcement professionals and first responders all over the country. GLOCK does that by having a unique and robust program that allows qualified participants the ability to purchase its pistols at a substantial discount.
- RELATED: Kauai PD Keeps Hawaiian Island Safe with GLOCKs
- RELATED: Arkansas’ Bryant PD Calls on the GLOCK 21
GLOCK is proud to offer the exclusive Blue Label program to support those who protect and serve communities across the U.S. and place their personal safety at risk every day. The program is designed to be inclusive of past and present law enforcement officers, cadets in training, as well as officers of the court, judges, military personnel and first responders. Those who qualify include:
- Any federal, state, county or municipal sworn law enforcement officers, including previous law enforcement officers who can present “retired” credentials.
- First responders such as EMTs, firefighters, volunteer firefighters and paramedics.
- Military personnel including reservists and National Guard with ID, including veterans with “retired” credentials.
- Corrections officers, including parole and probation officers.
- State-licensed security companies (Loomis, RAM, etc.) and state-licensed armed security officers (G4S, Brinks, etc.).
- State and federal judges, district attorneys and deputy district attorneys.
- Law enforcement academy cadets with enrollment documentation from the academy. This is significant because there are academies that require cadets to purchase their own firearms before they have a job.
In order to receive benefits from GLOCK’s Blue Label program, the qualified purchaser must provide an authorized photo ID (not just a driver’s license) from one of the entities on the eligibility list, or an original official use letter from their department if they are a sworn law enforcement officer. Military personnel will need to complete a GLOCK military verification form, while federal law enforcement personnel can use their official business cards for verification of their service.
Law enforcement officers may purchase their private duty weapons, with their agency’s permission, directly from GLOCK on a prepayment basis. These GLOCK pistols must be shipped to law enforcement officers and may not be resold to members of the general public. Individual officer sales are considered retail sales and are subject to a federal excise tax as well as state and/or local sales taxes.
To find a GLOCK-authorized Blue Label dealer, the “Dealer Locator” on the company’s website (us.glock.com) will provide the nearest one. This option is convenient for those who wish to purchase in person, handle the pistol and determine the best model to fit their needs. With the necessary credentials in hand, individuals can purchase their pistols directly from these GLOCK-authorized dealers.
GLOCK firearms have developed a reputation for reliability, durability, accuracy and ease of use, making them the choice for over 65 percent of law enforcement professionals in the U.S. In fact, many officers and deputies choose to carry GLOCKs off duty as well as on duty. As a result, GLOCK has decided to support that loyalty by ensuring that those protectors are given a price break when selecting their preferred service, backup or undercover pistol. Those eligible may purchase up to two pistols per order.
For more, visit bluelabel.glock.com.
This article was published in the GLOCK AUTOPISTOLS 2015 magazine. To see the rest of the issue, please visit Personaldefenseworld.com/publications/glock-autopistols/glock-autopistols-2015.