Smith & Wesson issued a safety recall for its new M&P12 shotgun. The company issued the recall after field reports showed cracked barrels in the system. The recall spans shotguns made prior to October 15, 2021.
S&W M&P12 Safety Recall
“To ensure that all of our Shotguns meet Smith & Wesson’s high standards for quality, we are implementing this Safety Recall of all M&P12 Shotguns manufactured prior to October 15, 2021, to ensure there are no barrel anomalies or conditions that might adversely affect the safety, function or performance of the firearm,” read a company statement.
The company further advised all M&P12 owners to stop using the shotgun immediately. Owners should immediately begin facilitating the repair process. Contact S&W at 833-957-3476, or via email at email@example.com. The company also stood up a web page with full information on the details of the recall and repair process.
Smith & Wesson will provide a prepaid shipping label for owners to return their shotgun, free of charge, to the manufacturer. Then S&W will repair the shotgun and return it with all repairs made.
A cracked barrel comprises a real and potentially dangerous set of conditions for any firearm owner. Obviously, all owners of the M&P12 should immediately follow company recommendations and seek an immediate repair. It appears S&W jumped on this rather quickly, so hats off to them for fixing the problem. For further information please click MPshotgunrecall.com.
S&W M&P12 Bullpup Specs
- Caliber: 12 Gauge, 3˝ Chamber
- Action: Pump Action
- Capacity: 6 Rounds 3˝ Shells per Tube*
- 7 Rounds 2-3/4˝ Shells per Tube*
- Barrel Length: 19.0˝ (48.3 cm)
- Barrel Internals: Smooth Bore, Threaded for Choke Tubes
- Stock: Synthetic Fixed Stock
- Grip: M&P with Four Interchangeable
- Palmswell Grip Inserts
- Length of Pull: 14.5˝ (36.8 cm)
- Width: 3.7˝ (9.4 cm)
- Overall Height: 8.7˝ (22.1 cm)
- Overall Length: 27.8˝ (70.6 cm)
- Weight: 8.3 lbs. (3,764.9 g)
- Barrel Material: 4140 Chrome-Moly Vanadium Steel
- Barrel Finish: Black Oxide
- Receiver Material: Steel
- Receiver Finish: Matte Black
- MSRP: $1,165