FNH USA announces the arrival of a limited first production run of SCAR 17S rifles. This first release of the commercial SCAR 17S will include a durable, lockable, waterproof Hardigg® Storm hard side case that is ideal for storage and transportation along with a certificate of authenticity attesting that it is part of the initial production run marking the introduction of the FN SCAR 17S in the U.S.A.
The semi-automatic FN SCAR 17S is a modular, lightweight, semi-automatic rifle with exceptional reliability and durability. It features:
• A free floating, cold hammer-forged MIL-SPEC barrel with a hard-chromed bore;
• An innovative gas-operated, short stroke piston system for fouling reduction and improved reliability;
• Fully ambidextrous operating controls that allow adaptability for left and right hand users;
• A receiver-integrated MIL-STD 1913 optical rail plus three accessory rails to allow use of a wide variety of tactical lights and lasers;
• A side-folding, polymer stock that is adjustable for comb height and length of pull;
• 7.62 x 51 mm (308 WIN.) cartridge chambering;
• A choice of 10 or 20-round magazines;
• Authentic USSOCOM flat dark earth finish; and
• A barrel length of 16.25” and weight of 8.0 lbs.
The SCAR 17S makes an ideal platform for the Heavy Metal Divisions in various three-gun shooting venues as well as U.S. Practical Shooting Association (USPSA) sanctioned events. FNHUSA.com.