For more on the DoubleTap, check out DoubleTapDefense.com.
To subscribe to COMBAT HANDGUNS, click here!
1. Optional barrel porting helps tame the notable recoil of the miniature handgun.
2. Two spare rounds can be carried in a hidden compartment in the grip of the gun.
3. The spare rounds are stored on a handy speed-strip that facilitates fast loading of the two-barrel gun.
4. The lack of an external hammer ensures that the gun is easy to draw and can be fired through a pocket if necessary.
5. The tip-up barrel loading system ensures that the simple and robust gun is easy to reload if needed. There’s no complicated mechanism here to jam or otherwise keep the gun out of the fight.
6. The flat profile of the DoubleTap makes it much easier to conceal. Note the integral grip texturing. DoubleTap Defense offers the pistol with either an extremely durable titanium or aluminum frame with a corrosion-resistant finish.
7. The simple double-action trigger is easy to get into action quickly, with no manual safeties with which to fumble under stress.
8. The frame of the DoubleTap can also accept a 9mm barrel system. DoubleTap Defense also claims other chamberings are in the works.
9. The sights of the gun are very low profile to prevent snagging on clothing or gear during a draw.
10. The cavernous maws of the dual .45 ACP barrels should encourage an attacker to think twice.