Ahura Scientific, Inc. is a leader in handheld systems for chemical identification. Not long ago, the company launched its new FTIR (Fourier-Transform Infrared) platform with the introduction of TruDefender™ FT, a three-pound handheld FTIR system for field-based chemical identification. Optimized for hazmat and military communities, TruDefender FT is a vitally important extension to the first responder’s toolkit, enabling users to analyze – and act – faster than ever before, with an instrument small enough to fit in a cargo pocket.
FTIR spectroscopy is a widely-accepted and highly-selective technique for chemical identification that is ideally-suited for many industries, including public safety applications like hazmat response.
With chemical threats growing every day – whether acts of terrorism, illegally dumped industrial materials or clandestine drug labs – public safety demands that onsite identification capabilities continue to advance. Two of the most widely-adopted technologies for identification of unknown solids and liquids are Raman and FTIR spectroscopy.
Key Features and Benefits
Built to meet the needs of the first responder, TruDefender FT is ergonomically designed for use in protective gear, and rugged enough to withstand the rigors of field use. Additional features and benefits of TruDefender FT include:
* Instant identification of a range of unknown chemicals: rapidly identifies solids, liquids and mixtures including chemical weapons, toxic industrial chemicals (TICs), toxic industrial materials (TIMs), explosives and their precursors, narcotics, contraband, and more. Particularly well-suited for colored materials and fluorescent samples.
* Complementary technology: works side-by-side with FirstDefender to enable identification of a broad range of unknown substances.
* Fast, accurate analysis: results delivered in seconds. Eliminates response time typically required to remove a sample from the hotzone and prepare it for analysis.
* Ground-breaking design: lightweight – less than 3 pounds (1.4 kg) – rugged system designed for field use directly in the hotzone.
* Precise results: custom software provides clear, definitive results that don’t require user interpretation or judgment, even for complex mixtures.
* Easy to use: intuitive menu-driven user interface enables even novice users to be proficient with minimal training.
* On-board hazard database: provides full safety and treatment information, further speeding appropriate response and medical treatment.
* Minimal maintenance: self-contained unit requires no scheduled maintenance or calibration, and uses no consumables.
* Flexible power source: rechargeable lithium ion battery or commonly available SureFire™ disposable batteries.
For more information on this and other Ahura Scientific products, visit www.ahurascientific.com.
Ahura Scientific, Inc. is a leader in handheld systems for chemical identification. Not long ago,…
by Tactical-Life.com / Aug 19, 2008