This lightweight and accurate rifle, chambered in both .223/5.56mm and 7.62x39mm, boasts a 16.25″ (carbine) and 18″ (rifle) barrel length with a 1:9 twist. The SCR also has a MIL-STD 1913 flat top upper receiver perfect for mounting optics and suitable for field, competitive shooting and tactical applications. The highly modular design of this rifle platform enables the end user to change calibers by pressing two pins and switching out one upper receiver for another. This rifle also has an ambidextrous charging handle and a push button safety.
The ARES SCR accepts a large number of accessories and parts made for the modern sporting rifle, including: magazines, upper receivers, barrels, bolts, handguards and optics. Thus, it is suitable for a variety of shooting styles and activities. The SCR also has an overall weight of 5.7 pounds, an overall length of 37″ (carbine) and 39″ (rifle), a Magpul MOE handguard, and a 5-round magazine capacity. It accepts any AR15/M16 magazine.
The manufacturer suggested retail price for the ARES Defense Systems SCR Rifle is not yet available. See below for additional details.
Specifications: ARES Defense SCR Rifle
- Caliber: Available in .223/5.56mm, 7.62x39mm
- Magazine Capacity: Comes with 5rd. (Can accept any AR15/M16 Magazine).
- Weight: 5.7 Lbs.
- OAL: Carbine – 37”, Rifle – 39”
- Stock: Sporter, Sporter-Short (Short Length of Pull), Monte Carlo
- Magazine Capacity: Comes with 5rd (Can accept any AR15/M16 Magazine)
- Barrel Length: Carbine – 16.25”, Rifle – 18” 1/9 Twist
- Handguard: Magpul MOE handguard available in both Carbine and Rifle Lengths
- Finish: MIL-Spec Black Hardcoat anodized finish
- 100% Made in the U.S.A.
- Patented Design with Additional Patents Pending
For more information about the SCR Rifle and the full range of products currently offered by ARES Defense, please visit http://www.aresdefense.com
Patriot Ordnance Factory (POF-USA) has announced the forthcoming release of their American Patriot Tomahawk, new...
by Tactical-Life / Apr 23, 2014