Daniel Defense, manufacturer of tactical weapon systems, precision rail systems and accessories, is releasing a new finish for select rifles: Daniel Defense Tornado. According to the press release, this is the second new color option offered by Daniel Defense thus far in 2014. Mil Spec +, a variation of flat dark earth, was released earlier this year. The first two rifles to have the Daniel Defense Tornado finish will be the DDM4v5 and the DDM4v9LW.
“When you look for a new car, you have substantially more color options than just black,” noted Jordan Hunter, Daniel Defense Director of Marketing. “Customers want choices other than the mil-spec Type III hard coat anodizing, or matte black, and the Daniel Defense Tornado, we believe, will be well received by our customers.”
As the press release notes, the new Tornado finish will be available to consumers at firearms dealers and online beginning in July. More rifle models are expected to be available in Daniel Defense Tornado before the end of the summer.
The DDM4v5 and DDM4v9LW each have a cold hammer forged chrome moly 16″ barrel with a 1:7 twist, and mid-length gas system. Each rifle is chambered in 5.56mm NATO. The MSRP for the first two Daniel Defense Tornado rifles, which will also include the new Daniel Defense Buttstock and Pistol Grip, is $1,819. See below for additional specifications.
Specifications: DDM4v5 & DDM4v9LW with Tornado Cerakote Finish
- Barrel Length: 16.0″
- Barrel Material: 4150 Chrome Moly Vanadium Steel
- Barrel Type: Cold Hammer Forged, Chrome Lined
- Barrel Profile: Government Profile (DDM4v5), Lightweight Profile (DDM4v9LW)
- Rifling Twist: 1:7
- Gas Length System: Mid-Length
- Muzzle Device: DD Improved Flash Suppressor
- Overall Length: 32.25″
- Weight (Unloaded): 6.44 Lbs (DDM4v5), 6.34 Lbs (DDM4v9LW)
- Caliber: 5.56mm NATO (5.56x45mm)
- Rail System: DDM4 Rail 12.0 (DDM4v5), DDM4 Rail 15.0 (DDM4v9LW)
- MSRP: $1,819
- DDM4v5 GOVT Profile: MFG# 02-123-22176-047
- DDM4v9LW Profile: MFG# 02-145-01035-047
For more information about the DDM4v5 & DDM4v9LW with Tornado Cerakote Finish and the full range of products currently being offered by Daniel Defense, please visit https://www.danieldefense.com