Cameras, a processing unit and proprietary software, allow officers to capture images of license plates and instantaneously compare them with millions of Hot List records to identify vehicles of interest. This highly advanced system reads plates from all 50 States and most foreign countries including Arabic characters. It can also read other alpha-numeric identification systems—even from 1500 feet in the air.
The MPH-900 minimizes the guesswork and safety risks that challenge officers every day.
ELSAG NA’s Automatic License Plate Reader (ALPR) system, the Mobile Plate Hunter-900 (MPH-900) can be mounted to patrol cars capturing license plate numbers during entire shifts. If a suspect license plate number is read, audible and visual alarms alert the officer within milliseconds of license plate capture.
Cameras, a processing unit and proprietary software, allow officers to capture images of license plates and instantaneously compare them with millions of Hot List records to identify vehicles of interest. This highly advanced Automatic License Plate Reader system reads plates day or night, from all 50 States and most foreign countries including Arabic characters. It can also read other alpha-numeric identification systems—even from 1500 feet in the air. The MPH-900 LPR system minimizes the guesswork and safety risks that challenge officers every day.
The MPH-900 has unique capabilities, many of which are much more advanced than features of other mobile LPR systems.
The Mobile Plate Hnter-900 operates behind the scenes on the in-car computer allowing officers to keep their hands on the wheel and eyes on the scene.
When the MPH-900 reads a license plate number that matches a ‘Hot List’ file, officers are alerted immediately. The alert communicates the nature of the crime or infraction associated with the plate so officers understand the risks associated with the situation before ever getting out of the car and can prepare for safe interdiction
Real Time Technology of the Mobile Plate Hunter-900 LPR System
Real time technology of the MPH-900 greatly increases the odds of resolving issues and in severe situations, can be the difference between life and death. Our advanced License Plate Reader system:
* Captures up to 3,600 license plate reads per minute, day or night, accurately recognizing plates from all 50 states, Canada, Mexico and many Arabic characters
* Processes parked and moving vehicles across up to 4 lanes of traffic, day or night, in any weather
* Transit speed up to 75 mph can be easily managed by our License Plate Reader system. It exceeds the normal speed of vehicles through the pathway (due to pathway infrastructure limitations)
* Allows officers to update “Hot Lists” manually at any time and also query them for new tags that may match a recently captured vehicle
* Alerts officers within milliseconds if a vehicle is suspect
* Works at patrol and highway speeds – oncoming differential speeds in excess of 120MPH and passing speeds in excess of 75MPH, plus; The ALPR translates the license plate data into a digital image, checks versus an onboard hot list, and returns an alarm back to the operator in milliseconds for appropriate interdiction
* Hot Lists can be updated manually or wirelessly
* Officers can search LPR system for previous reads at any time in reaction to notification of a suspect vehicle
Criminal Intelligence Capabilities of the MPH-900 LPR System
The MPH-900 captures thousands of license plates during a shift. Data recorded for each includes date and time stamp, photo of the vehicle and its immediate area, and GPS coordinates. After –action analysis of this data from relevant periods of time can lead to:
* Witness identification
* Watch List development
* Placing suspect at a scene
* Terrorist interdiction
* Pattern recognition
Other features of the MPH-900 License Plate Reader System:
* Compact design allows the ALPR to fit in light bars on top of patrol cars or as a standalone unit attached by magnetic clips. Unit is easily and rapidly transferable to a variety of police vehicles.
* Processor unit is the size of a small box for easy storage in trunk of a vehicle.
* The MPH-900 License Plate Reader requires less than 60W of 12V DC to function.
* The MPH-900 communicates with an agency’s operations center (Command Center) for alarm notification and throughout the day for database update.
For further information on ELSAG North America’s License Plate Recognition solutions and other Public Safety technology, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 1-866-9MPH900.
Cameras, a processing unit and proprietary software, allow officers to capture images of license plates…
by Tactical-Life.com / Nov 17, 2008