Angstadt Arms just dropped a video announcing its newest firearm, the MDP-9. And at first glance, it looks impressive. The MDP-9 combines the roller-delayed action of the venerable HK MP5 with a Glock-fed, AR-15 pattern pistol. The result is one wicked PDW.
Angstadt Arms MDP-9 Details
The patent-pending roller-delayed action significantly reduces the weight and recoil of the gun, according to Angstadt Arms. That helps it make it feel soft-shooting, no small feat on a pistol caliber carbine. The MDP-9 measures just 14 inches long overall. And at just 3.6 pounds, it carries well on a sling or in a backpack.
Running on Glock-pattern magazines, the MDP-9 features a last round bolt hold open. An extended magazine release helps promote fast magazine changes. A 1913 Picatinny rail adapter accepts a wide variety of pistol braces. Meanwhile, the monolithic upper design features a full-length Picatinny rail and QD attachment.
Available in black, FDE and tactical grey, the MDP-9 more than passes the look test. The last part is MSRP, which comes in at $2,599; might be a little more than some are willing to spend. Only way to tell is with a range review, which we’ll get to as soon as possible. Stay tuned. For more information, please visit angstadtarms.com.
Angstadt Arms MDP-9 Specs
- Caliber: 9mm
- Colors: Black, FDE, Tactical Grey
- Action: Roller-Delayed Blowback
- Magazine: Glock, 9mm Double-Stack Magazines
- Pistol Brace: 1913 Raile With SB Tactical Side-Folding, Telescoping Options
- Upper Assembly: Monolithic Assembly with Continuous Picatinny Rail, M-LOK Interface, QD Points
- Charging Handle: Non-Reciprocating, Forward-Charging Handle (Left or Right)
- Fire Controls: AR-15/M4 Controls
- Overall Length: 14 inches
- Overall Weight (Empty): 3.6 pounds
- Barrel Length: 5.85 inches
- MSRP: $2,599
SIG Sauer landed another coveted military contract, this one to provide $10 million worth...
by Tactical Life / Jan 10, 2020