Springfield Armory recently announced the release of its newest compact pistol, the 911 Alpha. Moreover, the new 911 Alpha comes in two different models, both chambered in .380 ACP.
A follow up to Springfield’s successful 911 launch, the new 911 Alpha also attempts to deliver the familiarity of the timeless 1911 design into a true pocket pistol.
Springfield Armory 911 Alpha Features
Firstly, the pistol utilizes 7075 T6 anodized hard-coat aluminum in the frame. Meanwhile, the 2.7-inch barrel features 416R stainless steel with a black Nitride finish. Additionally, a full-length guide rod with flat wire spring enhance control and soften recoil, according to Springfield Armory. Cross Cannon polymer grips and vertical line texturing on the front strap and mainspring housing provide purchase on the pistol.
Springfield claims its frame-to-slide-to-trigger guard relationship enables intuitive, accurate shooting, all in a pocket pistol-sized platform. Also, the polymer trigger reportedly delivers a crisp, short reset, breaking at 5 pounds.
A loaded chamber indicator, typical of Springfield, provides both visual and tactile indicators for the gun’s condition. Meanwhile, the 911 Alpha includes an extended thumb safety.
The sight picture features a fiber optic front and white, two-dot rear, designed for quick target acquisition, according to Springfield. Moreover, at just 5.5 inches long and 4 inches high, the 911 Alpha should excel in concealment. Also, with a retail price of $429, it won’t break the bank to find a home in your holster.
Two versions are available: Stainless and Black Nitride. For more information, visit springfield-armory.com.
Springfield Armory 911 Alpha Specifications
- Caliber: .380 ACP
- Magazines: One 6-round, stainless steel magazine
- Barrel: 2.7 inches, 416R Stainless Steel, Precision Broached, Black Nitride Finish
- Rate of Twist: 1:16
- Trigger: Polymer
- Sights: Fiber Optic Front, White 2-Dot Rear
- Frame: 7075 T6, Anodized Hard Coat Aluminum
- Slide: 416 Black Nitride, with Ball Cut & Loaded Chamber Indicator
- Recoil System: Full Length Guide Rod, Featuring Flat Wire Spring
- Overall Length: 5.5 inches
- Overall Height: 3.9 inches
- Grips: Polymer Cross Cannon Grip
- Overall Weight: 12.6 ounces
- MSRP: $429
Whether an image intensifier or thermal unit, clip on night vision devices can help...
by Kyle Lynch / Jan 15, 2019