Patriot Ordnance Factory, or POF, received widespread acclaim when the company introduced the Revolution rifle in .308. Built completely on a 5.56-sized frame, the Revolution is aptly named, as it breaks new ground in its category. At the recent NRA Annual Meetings & Exhibits, by comparison, the manufacturer quietly introduced the POF Revolution Pistol.
Well that piqued our interest to be sure. And POF was kind enough to share some pre-production test video of an early prototype of the new pistol. The footage is nothing short of spectacular.
You’ll notice the lack of a forward assist on the test gun in the video. However, the current production model is shown below, giving an accurate representation of the firearm available for purchase.
Aside from the obvious achievements in successfully scaling down a 7.62 receiver into a 5.56-sized frame, the first noticeable gain is overall weight. At a mere 6.31 pounds, this pistol weighs less than an MP5. Yet the test video clearly shows a remarkable lack of muzzle rise and perceived recoil. The gun shoots flat, sending multiple 7.62 rounds downrange, with several pieces of brass in the air. Meanwhile, the muzzle appears to only minimally travel.
Patriot Ordnance hit one out of the park with the Revolution rifle. At first glance, it appears Frank DeSomma and crew have done so again with the Revolution pistol.
For more information, visit pof-usa.com.
POF Revolution Pistol Specs
- Caliber: 7.62x51mm NATO (.308 Win.)
- Chamber: E2 Dual Extraction Technology
- Action: Semi-auto, direct impingement
- Overall Weight: 6.31 pounds
- Barrel: 12.5 inches, match-grade, nitride, heat-treated
- Rifling: 1:10, 5/8×24 barrel threads
- Overall Length: 29.5 inches (collapsed)
- Finish: Black anodized
- Gas Block: 9-position adjustable DIctator gas block
- Handguard: 11.5-inch M-LOK Renegade free-floating rail with four integrated QD sling mounts
- Muzzle Device: Triple port muzzle brake
- Trigger: 4.5-pound POF-USA drop-in trigger system with KNS anti-walk pins
- Furniture: Mission First Tactical grip, SB Tactical SBA3 Brace
- Fire Control: Gen4 billet lower receiver; Ambidextrous bolt release, safety selector, bolt catch and magazine release
- MSRP: $2,369.99
Using Doppler radar and high-speed cameras, Hornady's Ballistic Development Group releases high-BC, aluminum-tipped A-Tip...
by Tactical Life / May 7, 2019