Chambered in .308 Winchester, the LE901-16S has a full-floated, 16.1-inch chrome-lined barrel with a 1:12 twist. This rifle also includes ambidextrous operating controls — including the magazine release, bolt catch and safety selector — as well as a one-piece upper receiver for mounting optics, flip-up front and rear sights, an extended length of 37.5″, a collapsed length of 34.24″, a weight of 9.4 lbs, and a Matte Black finish.
In addition, the LE901-16S comes with an adapter block to swap out the .308 Winchester upper and install a Mil-Spec Colt 5.56x45mm NATO upper receiver to go along with the .308 Win lower, creating two calibers for one rifle. This action can be accomplished in roughly 60 seconds.
The manufacturer suggested retail price for the LE901-16S is not available on Colt’s website. See below for more information.
Features: Colt LE901-16S .308 Win Rifle
- 1-Piece Upper Receiver with Back Up Iron Sights (BUIS)
- Full Floated Barrel
- Bayonet Lug and Flash Hider
- Ambidextrous Controls
- Accepts Mil-Spec 5.56 Colt Uppers
Specifications: Colt LE901-16S .308 Win Rifle
- MODEL: LE901-16S
- CALIBER: .308 Win
- BARREL LENGTH (IN.): 16.1″ Heavy
- BORE: Chromed, 4 Grooves, 1-12″ RH Twist
- FRONT SIGHT: Flip-Up, Adjustable Post for Elevation
- REAR SIGHT: Flip-Up, Adjustable for Windage
- EXTENDED LENGTH: 37.5″
- COLLAPSED LENGTH: 34.24″
- WEIGHT: 9.4 lbs
- ACTION: Direct Gas System, Locking Bolt
- FINISH: Matte Black
For more information about the LE901-16S rifle and the full range of products currently offered by Colt, please visit http://www.colt.com