Missouri-based CMMG has updated its Mk47 Mutant platform with its new Mk47 AKR and Mk47 AKR2 rifles. These models feature an ambidextrous safety selector; new RML15 M-LOK handguard; and a new ambidextrous charging handle.
As the CMMG presser notes, the Mutant is a mid-sized AR that runs the 7.62x39mm round using a bigger and more durable AR10-sized bolt. It does this while offering AR-15-style ergonomics. In addition, it’s constructed from an AR10-style platform which is shortened by ¾ of an inch. Meanwhile, the lower receiver accepts AK magazines and drums.
The Mutant works with most aftermarket AR parts, except charging handles. That’s because the Mutant is a shortened, mid-size platform AR. Slapping on the new ambi charging handle makes the Mk47 AKR and Mk47 AKR2 easier to run, CMMG says. Furthermore, you get a fully ambidextrous rifle thanks to the mag release and safety selector. CMMG is also selling the ambi charging handle as a standalone accessory.
The CMMG Mk47 Mutant AKR is available for $1,699.95. MSRP on the Mk47 AKR2 is $1,899.95. CMMG is also selling the ambi charging handle as a standalone accessory for $99.95. For more, visit cmmginc.com.
Mk47 Mutant AKR & AKR2
- Barrel: 16.1″ 1:10 Medium Taper 4140 SBN Barrel
- Muzzle: SV Muzzle Brake, Threaded 5/8-24
- Handguard: CMMG RML15
- Furniture: Magul MOE Pistol Grip, Magpul CTR Buttstock, Ambidextorus Safety, Ambidextrous Charging Handle
- Receivers: Billet 7075-T6 AL
- Trigger: CMMG MIL-Spec (AKR), Geissele Automatics SSA (AKR2)
- Weight: 7.2 LBS (Unloaded)
- Length: 33.5″ (Stock Collapsed)
- Gas Port Location: Carbine
- MSRP: $1,699.95 (AKR), $1,899.95 (AKR2)
Ceradyne, a 3M subsidiary, has been awarded a new contract to continue supplying the...
by Tactical-Life / Mar 5, 2018