Big news today out of Colt, with its latest offering bringing into clear view just how big the CZ acquisition could prove to be. The Colt CBX Precision Rifle brings a new modular, chassis-system rifle to market, one aimed squarely at the competition and long-range shooting markets. This is direction and innovation we didn’t get much out of the old Colt. And we’re for every bit of it.
Colt CBX Precision Rifle
“Our engineers excelled in the design of the CBX rifle, said Jessica Treglia, Colt Manufacturing, Director of Commercial Products. “We’ve created a premium precision rifle worthy of the Colt name.”
The modular system accommodates several popular accessory platforms, including suppressors, weights, AICS magazines and optic mounts. Meanwhile, the modular chassis offers user-adjustable length-of-pull and cheek weld. A 15-inch extended forend comes with an ARCA rail and M-LOK slots for mounting desired kit. The rifle even sports an aggressive barricade stop, providing another match-ready feature. An angled pistol grip, built-in thumb shelf, QD cups and an ambidextrous magazine release highlight shooter touches.
The flat-bottom receiver design provides a shooter’s base for building positions. A 60-degree bolt throw helps deliver faster cycling and optic compatibility, according to Colt. An ergonomic, two-position tang safety and adjustable, 2.5-pound trigger round out this true shooter’s package in a bolt-gun.
The CBX comes in either 6.5 Creedmoor (26-inch barre) or .308 Win. (24-inch barrel). Each comes with a 5/8-24 threaded muzzle with thread protectors. A black nitride treatment and tactical matte finish complete the package.
“We are proud of the CBX rifle platform and know shooters will love how it performs,” Treglia said.
The CBX Precision retails for $1,899. For even more info, please visit colt.com.
Colt CBX Precision Rifle Features
- Flat-bottom receiver reduces flex and improves accuracy
- AICS magazine compatible (includes 5-round Magpul magazine)
- Black nitride barrel finish protects against corrosion
- Carbon steel, button-rifled barrel with ballistically optimized length and twist
- Ergonomic 2-position safety
- 60° bolt throw for faster cycling times and increased optic compatibility
- 1-piece Picatinny rail – Rem700 compatible
- Aluminum chassis with a user-adjustable length of pull and cheek weld
- Extended forend (15”) with ACRA rail and M-LOK slots
- Aggressive barricade stop
- User-adjustable trigger (2.5-5lbs)
- Pistol grip, thumb shelf, QD cups, ambidextrous mag latch
Colt CBX Precision Rifle Specifications
- Barrel Length: 24” .308Win; 26” 6.5 Creedmoor
- Weight: 10.75lbs (unloaded)
- Capacity: 5+1
- Twist Rate: 1:10RH 6 GR .308 Win; 1:8RH 6 GR 6.5 Creedmoor
- OAL: 47” .308 Win; 49” 6.5 Creedmoor
- Trigger Pull: 2.5-5 lb (user-adjustable)
- MSRP: $1,899
The Colt CBX Precision Rife comprises a major sea change in the life of Colt. So many industry analysts and even casual gun enthusiasts begged for Colt to change how it operated. We wanted a true investment from the Colt name in the civilian market. To many, Colt remains one of the most important, recognizable brands in all of Gundom. A bolt-action, chassis gun aimed at long-range competition shooters marks a shift.
This feels like CZ’s influence, a company long steeped in action shooting. The company also does a great job of staying abreast of current trends and demands in the market place.
We believe CZ will only continue to improve and propel the Colt brand. The CBX Precision stands as the latest example of how they will get it done.