Daniel Defense recently announced its new bolt-action platform, the Delta 5, is now available. Moreover, the Delta 5 in .308 Win. is now ready to ship to customers.
Daniel Defense Delta 5 308
Firstly, Daniel Defense bills the Delta 5 as “an extremely accurate and durable bolt-action rifle that provides all of the attributes of a custom rifle right out of the box.” The Delta 5 delivers barrel/caliber interchangeability with forged-to-countour barrels, mechanically-embedded stainless steel actions and a user-configurable stock, according to Daniel Defense.
Above all, Daniel Defense describes the Delta 5 as containing the types of custom features found on rifles ranging from $4,000 to $6,000. Meanwhile, the Delta 5 retails for $2,199, “making long-range-precision shooting more accessible to the average shooter,” according to Daniel Defense.
Tactical-Life first brought you coverage of the new rifle in FIRST LOOK: The Daniel Defense Delta 5 Bolt-Action Rifle. In that breaking story, author Sean Utley goes through the new Delta 5 platform before shooting groups all the way out the 1,000 yards. And he came away very impressed with this new precision rifle package.
“I can think of no reason that this rifle won’t be an instant hit with buyers,” wrote Utley in our initial review. “As the platform upgrades and expands, it could see a cult-like following. I’m eagerly awaiting the full-production model for a complete shakedown. The Daniel Defense DELTA 5 definitely has the goods, and the promise of a bright, expansive and modular future.”
For more information, visit danieldefense.com.
Daniel Defense DELTA 5 Specs
- Caliber: .308 Winchester; 6.5mm Creedmoor; 7mm-08 Remington
- Overall Barrel Length: 20 inches (.308 Win); 24 inches (6.5 Creedmoor); 24 inches (7mm-08 Rem)
- Barrel Twist: 1:10 RH (.308 Win); 1:8 RH (6.5 Creedmoor); 1:9 RH (7mm-08 Rem)
- Overall Length: 40 inches Max (.308 Win); 44 inches Max (6.5 Creedmoor/7mm-08 Rem)
- Overall Weight: 8.9 pounds (.308 Win; 9.5 pounds; 6.5 Creedmoor/7mm-08 Rem)
- Action: Mechanically bedded stainless steel action with integral recoil lug
- Bolt: Three-lug bolt with a 60-degree throw and floating bolt head
- Capacity: Five round PMAG 5 7.62 AC – AICS Short Action magazine included
- MSRP: $2,199
With a sub-15-inch barrel, the non-NFA Mossberg 590 Shockwave might just be the ultimate...
by Denis Prisbey / Mar 11, 2019