The long-rumored Daniel Defense DELTA 5 is the manufacturer’s first foray into bolt-action rifles and the results are impressive.
Tactical-Life contributor Sean Utley got his hands on a pre-production DELTA 5 model at an exclusive event in late 2018. Here’s a quick recap on the shooting experience:
“We were able to shoot the initial pre-production rifles in various scenarios, including general range shooting,” Utley said. “We shot groups from 100 yards all the way out to 1,000 yards on different ranges. Our rifles were chambered in 6.5 Creedmoor. They fed with excellent 140 gr. ELD Match ammo from Hornady. Daniel Defense topped them with high-quality Nightforce Optics, 5-25×56 ATACRs.”
Daniel Defense DELTA 5 Specs
- Caliber: .308 Winchester; 6.5mm Creedmoor; 7mm-08 Remington
- Barrel Length: 20 inches (.308 Win); 24 inches (6.5 Creedmoor); 24 inches (7mm-08 Rem)
- Barrel Twist: 1:10 RH (.308 Win); 1:8 RH (6.5 Creedmoor); 1:9 RH (7mm-08 Rem)
- OA Length: 40 inches Max (.308 Win); 44 inches Max (6.5 Creedmoor/7mm-08 Rem)
- Weight: 8.9 pounds (.308 Win; 9.5 pounds (6.5 Creedmoor/7mm-08 Rem)
- Action: Mechanically bedded stainless steel action with integral recoil lug
- Bolt: Three-lug bolt with a 60 degree throw and floating bolt head
- Capacity: Five round PMAG 5 7.62 AC – AICS Short Action magazine included
- MSRP: $2,199
Incredibly accurate and modular to boot, the Daniel Defense DELTA 5 — the manufacturer's first foray...
by Sean Utley / Jan 21, 2019