Kentucky-based DoubleStar has unveiled its new STAR10-BX rifle.
Available in both 6.5 Creedmoor and .260 Remington, the STAR10-BX sports a 22-inch stainless steel, free floating heavy barrel. The barrel has a 1:8 twist rate. This rifle is based on DoubleStar’s STAR10-B, incorporating that model’s billet aircraft 7075 TC aluminum upper and lower. The receivers are anodized to MIL-SPEC. Furthermore, the flattop upper sports a brass deflector and dust cover. The lower features an integrated trigger guard and enhanced magwell.
The STAR10-BX also features a CMC 3.5-pound trigger group and a ACE Hammer buttstock. In addition, it comes equipped with a low-profile gas block; Bullseye muzzle brake; Samson .308 Evolution 15-inch handguard; BCMGunfighter charging handle with MOD4 latch; and a Hogue pistol grip. It also comes standard with a nickel boron bolt carrier group.
“Our new STAR10-BX is not only a piece of art, but when you get on the range with it you will see why it is one of our favorites. It will easily rule any range, shooting match or hunting field,” Nick Collier, DoubleStar’s director of special operations, says in the presser.
Shipping out with one 20-round magazine, the MSRP for the DoubleStar STAR10-BX is set at $2,549.99.
See the specs for the STAR10-BX below. For more information about DoubleStar, visit star15.com.
DoubleStar STAR10-BX Specs
- Product Weight: 10 lb
- Caliber: 6.5 Creedmoor, .260 Remington
- Modes of Fire: Semi-Automatic
- Overall Length: 45.5″
- Barrel Length: 22″
- Barrel Type: Heavy Barrel
- Twist Rate: 1:8
- Barrel Material: Stainless Steel
- Barrel Features: Stainless Steel, Free Floating
- Sight/Gas Block: Low Profile Gas Block
- Muzzle Device: Bullseye Muzzle Brake
- Handguard: Samson .308 Evolution (15″)
- Upper Receiver Type: Flattop
- Receiver (Upper) Material: Billet Aircraft 7075 T6 Aluminum
- Upper Receiver Coating: Anodized to Mil-Spec
- Receiver (Upper) Features: Brass Deflector, Dust Cover
- Lower Receiver Material: Billet Aircraft 7075 T6 Aluminum
- Receiver (Lower) Coating: Anodized to Mil-Spec
- Lower Receiver Features: Integrated Trigger Guard, Enhanced Magwell
- Charging Handle: BCMGUNFIGHTER Charging Handle with MOD4 Latch
- Fire Control Group: CMC 3.5 lb Flat Trigger Group
- Magazine Capacity: 20 rd.
- Buttstock: ACE Hammer Stock
- Pistol Grip: Hogue
- Other Features: Nickel Boron Bolt Carrier Group
- Action: Direct Gas Impingement
- Country of Manufacture: United States
- Warranty: Yes
Boasting speed, stealth and a folded stock length of only 16 inches, the SIG...
by Dave Bahde / Mar 23, 2018