FN America recently announced its newest SCAR 20S precision rifle, now in 6.5 Creedmoor. The new chambering also accompanies new color options, including matte black along with the company’s signature flat dark earth (FDE).
The 6.5 Creedmoor-chambered rifle will feature a 20-inch, 1:8-inch righthand twist barrel with SureFire ProComp 762 muzzle device. The barrel is made from FN’s proprietary machine gun steel and is cold hammer-forged and chrome-plated for extended life.
Like the 7.62 FN SCAR 20S, the rifle features an extended monolithic receiver with ample space to mount optics. A Geissele Super SCAR trigger delivers a 4-pound trigger pull. An FN MK 20 SSR precision stock adjusts for length of pull and comb height, while a Hogue grip rounds out the features. Both the 20S in 7.62 and 6.5 Creedmoor accept the 10- or 20-round 17S magazines.
The 6.5mm Creedmoor has taken the long-range shooting market by storm with its increased efficiency, reduced recoil, availability and price of high-quality match-grade ammunition coupled with a cartridge design that is inherently accurate. FN first prototyped the 6.5 Creedmoor cartridge in the FN MK 20 SSR, or sniper support rifle, when USSOCOM announced plans last year to explore the cartridge for future adoption.
For more information, visit fnamerica.com.
FN SCAR 20S 6.5 CM Specifications
- Caliber: 6.5 Creedmoor
- Overall Barrel Length: 20 inches
- Twist Rate: 1:8″ RH
- Barrel Material: Ally Steel, Hammer Forged, Chrome Plated
- Muzzle Device: SureFire ProComp 762
- Sights: None
- Stock: SSR Precision, Adjustable for LOP, Comb Height
- Forearm: M1913 rails at 3, 6, 9 o’clock
- Overall Weight: 11.5 pounds
- Overall Length: 41.125-43 inches
- Width: 2.73 inches
- Height: 8.03 inches (with magazine)
- Length of Pull: 13.125-15 inches
- Magazine: 10 round
- Trigger: 3.5-4.5-pound, Two-Stage Geissele Super SCAR
- MSRP: $4,499