Wyoming-based gun maker Gunwerks has unveiled its new CoPilot rifle. This is a limited edition rifle, with less than 100 being made for the general public. The rifle is part of Gunwerks’ premium “Collective” series.
Billed in the presser as the “ultimate” truck gun for the land manager, hunter and those with discerning taste, the Gunwerks CoPilot is chambered in 6mm Creedmoor. It features a ustom match grade 16.5-inch carbon fiber wrapped Proof Research barrel; collapsible carbon fiber stock (10.5″ to 14″ length of pull); frictionless TriggerTech match grade trigger; and Tungsten Cerakote finish. It also comes standard with a Nightforce ATACR F1 4-16×42 optic, and it’s ready for a SilencerCo Omega suppressor with a 5/8×24 threaded muzzle. At the heart of the gun is Gunwerks’ GLR bolt action.
The CoPilot ships in a custom Armageddon Gear soft side case. The case secures the rifle and houses the SilencerCo suppressor, as well as ammo boxes in specialized compartments. The car can be set down like a suitcase. It can also stand up unlike other soft side gun cases, Gunwerks says. The package ships with 1,500 rounds of 103 grain Hornady ELDX which carry an average muzzle velocity from the CoPilot of 2,650 fps.
Lastly, the package also features the Gunwerks Long Range Package. This means the gun is not only tested at 100 yards, but also at a distance to create a ballistic profile for each rifle. The info for a given altitude and temperature is then engraved on a ballistic turret. With the trigger set at two pounds, and the crisp pull coupled with the custom carbon barrel and NightForce scope, this rifle has an effective hunting range of 800 yards. The target range extends beyond 1,200, according to Gunwerks.
“We pooled some of the brightest minds and makers of the best components in the industry. Then, sparing no expense and cutting zero corners, the concept of The CoPilot as the ultimate truck gun was conceived,” Gunwerks COO James Christensen said. “We wanted a rifle system that was accurate, lightweight, suppressed, and had all the top-of-the-line trimmings. It had to be perfect for a coyote, whitetail, or even a 500 lbs Nilgai.”
The Gunwerks CoPilot is priced at $13,995. Features, specs and videos are below.
For more information about Gunwerks, visit gunwerks.com.
- Gunwerks CoPilot Rifle chambered in 6mm Creedmoor
- Pre-mounted, zeroed, Nightforce ATACR F1 4-16×42 with custom ballistic turret
- SKB hard travel case with exclusive inner Armageddon Gear soft case
- Certificate good for $480 off a SilencerCo Omega suppressor
- 1,500 rounds of custom loaded Hornady ELD Match ammunition
- 2 five round Accuracy International magazines
- Free 1 day Long Range University training offered by Gunwerks
- Gunwerks neoprene scope cover
- The Collective – CoPilot welcome kit
- Exclusive early access to future offerings from The Collective
Gunwerks CoPilot Features
- Gunwerks GLR premium rifle action
- Custom collapsible carbon Manners CoPilot stock (10.5” to 14” length of pull)
- Custom match grade 16 inch carbon fiber wrapped Proof Research barrel
- Tungsten Cerakote finish
- Adjustable TriggerTech match grade trigger
- Suppressor-ready with 5/8×24 threaded muzzle and included thread cap
Gunwerks CoPilot Specs
- Weight: 10.6 lbs (with Silencer), 9.8 lbs (without Silencer)
- Length: 39.5 in (with Silencer), 33 in (without Silencer)
- Barrel Length: 16.5 in
- Length of Pull: 10.5 to 14 in
- Options: Barrel | Carbon Fiber Wrapped Proof Research
Caliber | 6mm Creedmoor
Muzzle Brake | 5/8×24 Threaded with included thread cap
Action Material | Stainless Steel
Stock and Metal Finish Color | Tungsten Cerakote
Right Hand Only
The Auto-Ordnance Victory Girls 1911 features a deep cut laser engraving of a pin-up...
by Personal Defense World / Mar 21, 2018