J.P. Sauer, Germany’s oldest manufacturer of hunting firearms, just announced its newest offering, the Sauer S101 Highland XTC Carbon-Fiber rifle. Weighing just 5.4 pounds in the .308 Win. variant, the new S101 provides a tremendously mobile rifle platform.
J.P. Sauer S101 Highland XTC Carbon-Fiber Details
The S101 features a hand-laid, carbon-fiber stock with advanced recoil-absorbing properties, according to J.P. Sauer. It includes a fluted, threaded, hammer-forged barrel. The company guarantees less than one MOA at 100 yards. The barrel and receiver utilize Sauer’s Diamond-Like-Carbon (DLC) surface for corrosion resistance.
“The DLC layer is 40 times thinner than a human hair while offering key advantages such as superior surface hardness and maximum rust protection and wear resistance,” said Jason Evans, CEO, Blaser Group. “Many advances were made in the production of the Highland XTC, and it now holds the record as Sauer’s lightest rifle ever.”
A match-grade trigger helps promote accurate fire. Meanwhile, the Dura Safe direct firing pin safety delivers enhanced safety and optimum operation, according to Sauer.
The S101 Highland XTC Carbon-Fiber comes in several calibers. Barrel lengths range from 20 to 22 inches, depending on the chambering. For more information, visit sauer.de/en.
Sauer S101 Highland XTC Specs
- Calibers: (Standard) .243 Win., .270 Win., 6,5×55 SE, 7×64, .308 Win., .30-06 Spring., 8×57 IS, 9,3×62; (Magnum) .300 Win. Mag., 7mm Rem. Mag.
- Overall Weight: 88 ounces (Standard), 91 ounces (Magnum)
- Overall Length: 40 inches (Standard), 42 inches (Magnum)
- Barrel Length: 20 inches (Standard), 22 inches (Magnum)
- Barrel Surface: Diamond Like Carbon (DLC)
- Magazine Capacity: 5 (Standard), 4 (Magnum)
- Stock Shape: ErgoMax RH/LH
- Stock Material: Carbon
- MSRP: $3,000
The limited-edition Beretta M9 T-Shirt pays homage to the pistol that served for more...
by Tactical Life / Nov 10, 2020