MasterPiece Arms has announced its new MPA MUT (Micro Urban Tactical) rifle, an ultra-compact model with sub 1/2 MOA accuracy.
The MPA MUT is chambered in .308 Win.—other calibers are available—and features a precision gun drilled, reamed and honed 416RQ stainless steel barrel. If you want an SBR, the barrel is 12.75 inches. The barrel length can also be 16 inches or longer if you’re looking for a standard rifle. The hand-lapped barrel is bore and land-inspected on a video borescope. The chamber is indicated within 0.0001″ or less to the rifle bore. Additionally, the DLC-coated spiral fluted one piece bolt is hand lapped and fitted to each action, the presser says.
Meanwhile, the gun has a Compact Suppressor Ready buttstock with an adjustable length of pull. The buttstock is capable of storing a suppressor measuring up to 1.5 inches in diameter and 8.5 inches in length. This, the company says, takes a suppressed rifle that measures up to 48 inches and reduces the OAL to 23.5 inches with the suppressor stored in the buttstock and folded/locked in an SBR configuration.
The MPA MUT comes in black, burnt bronze, flat dark earth, gunmetal, marine red, NRA blue, sniper green and tungsten. The MPA light weight chassis is CNC machined from 6061 aluminum and Cerakoted in a number of colors. Solid colors are included. Custom Cerakote colors have a $135 uncharge for the chassis body and $65 for the barreled action.
MasterPiece Arms’ MPA MUT rifle is available at a starting MSRP of $3,025. See below for specs and a video. For more information, visit masterpiecearms.com.
MasterPiece Arms MPA MUT Rifle
- Caliber: 308 Winchester (other calibers available)
- Action: Curtis Custom Axiom Action
- Action / Bolt Design: Remington 700 Type
- Bolt: Spiral Fluted One-Piece Bolt with DLC Coating
- Chassis: MPA BA Lite Chassis with CSR Buttstock
- Chassis Weight: 3.2 lbs.
- Rifle Weight: Varies, 8.6 lbs.
- Barrel: 416RQ Stainless Steel Spencer / MPA hand lapped barrel
- Twist: 1:10 or 1:8
- Barrel Length: 12.75”, 16” or customer supplied
- Muzzle Thread: 5/8-24 TPI
- Barrel Profile: #5
- Coating: Cerakote
- Length of Pull: 13.5 – 15”
- Trigger: Trigger Tech
- Trigger Pull: 1 – 3 lbs. (customer choice)
- Magazine: AICS Mag Compatible (Five round Accurate/AICS Type magazine included)
- MSRP: $3,025