MasterPiece Arms (MPA) recently announced its newest rifle system, the MPA BA Precision Match Rifle. Billed as a “Competition Ready” rifle, the Precision Match Rifle qualifies for all Production Class requirements of the Precision Rifle Series.
The special competition-ready configuration includes several key accessories, an MPA BA Mount and optic. MasterPiece Arms packaged the items together to offer value with a total retail price of $2,999.99. Piecing all of these items together separately would hit a retail of $3,459, a savings of $500 passed on to shooters.
The MPA BA Precision Match Rifle utilizes the MPA BA Hybrid Chassis. The company machines the chassis from 6061 aluminum. The v-bedding system provides additional clearance for glass the glass bedding action and straight section of the barrel. The chassis also includes a built-in inclinometer, thumb notch, lower-mounted Picatinny rail, 20 MOA scope rail and A2-style pistol grip. The system also accommodates the R.A.T. System.
The MPA Buttstock comes with an adjustable cheek riser and length of pull that is locked in position with a series of set screws that are embedded into the buttstock body. This is the same system MPA uses on its Standard BA Chassis, but without the thumb wheels.
The MPA BA Precision Match Rifle includes an X-Caliber hand-lapped 416R Stainless Premium Barrel Blank with a polished barrel finish. It comes in 26 inches for 6.5mm and 6mm and 24 inches .308 M24 barrel profile. The chamber is indicated within 0.0001-inch or less to the bore of the rifle.
Additional items include an EVG Grip, Bag Rider, V4 Spigot Mount, MPA 30mm, 1.125, 0MOA Mount, MPA DN3 Brake and Bushnell Forge Optic.
MasterPiece Arms BA Precision Match Rifle Specifications
- Caliber: 6mm Creedmoor, 6.5 Creedmoor, .308
- Action: MPA/Curtis Short Action
- Bolt: 60 Degree Bolt Throw
- Chassis: MPA BA Hybrid Chassis
- Chassis Overall Weight: 3.5 lbs.
- Rifle Weight:11.5 lbs.
- Barrel: X-Caliber Hand Lapped 416R Stainless Premium Barrel Blank
- Barrel Twist: Caliber specific
- Overall Barrel Length: 26” (6.5mm and 6mm); 24” (.308)
- Barrel Muzzle Thread: 5/8-24 TPI
- Barrel Profile: #M24 Contour
- Coating: Cerakote Chassis, Polished Barrel
- Length of Pull: 13.75 – 15”
- Trigger: Trigger Tech Special
- Trigger Pull: 1 – 3 lbs. (Customer Choice)
- Magazine: AICS Type (10 Round Magpul/AICS Type Magazine Included)
For more information, visit masterpiecearms.com.
Inspired by the M1 Garand 'Tanker' of WWII, the Springfield Armory M1A Tanker adds classic...
by Tactical Life / Aug 5, 2019