Smith & Wesson recently announced the newest addition to its popular M&P15-22 line of carbines, the M&P15-22 Sport OR with a factory-mounted MP-100 Red/Green Dot Optic. The optics ready configuration and included MP-100 make this carbine completely out-of-the-box ready to shoot.
Smith & Wesson M&P15-22 Sport OR Features
The M&P15-22 SPORT OR rifle is chambered in .22 LR and includes a six-position adjustable stock, fully functioning charging handle and twenty-five round capacity. Equipped with the MP-100 optic, the M&P15-22 Sport OR features a variable intensity dot in both red and green that’s adjustable for both windage and elevation, according to Smith & Wesson.
The MP-100 features flip-open lens caps. Meanwhile, a one-piece tube construction aids in durability. The unit attaches to all M1913 Picatinny rails. Also, the unit features a black finish.
Featuring a 10-inch M&P slim handguard with Magpul M-LOK, the M&P15-22 Sport OR is easily customizable with compatible M-LOK accessories. The M&P15-22 SPORT OR with M&P optic is available in three configurations: a 25-round version, 10-round version, and state compliant model, according to Smith & Wesson.
For more information, visit smith-wesson.com.
Smith & Wesson M&P15-22 Sport OR Specifications
- Caliber: 22 LR
- Action: Semi Auto Blow Back
- Capacity: 25 Rounds
- Barrel Length: 16.5” Threaded (41.9 cm)
- Overall Length: 31.6” (80.3 cm) Collapsed 33.8 (85.9 cm) Extended
- Weight: 83.6 oz. (2,370.0 g)
- Grip: Polymer
- Stock: 6-Position Adjustable
- Barrel Material: Carbon Steel
- Upper & Lower
- Receiver Material: Polymer
- Finish: Matte Black
MP-100 M&P Red/Green Dot Optic Specifications
- Reticle: Variable Intensity, 4.0 MOA Round Dot
- Reticle Color: Red or Green
- Adjustable Click Value: 1/4-inch MOA @ 100 yards
- Eye Relief: Unlimited
- Battery Type: CR1620 (1 battery)
After leading Volusia County Officers on a lengthy chase, an armed carjacker opened fire...
by Tactical-Life / Apr 16, 2019