According to the presser, the addition of the Proof carbon fiber-wrapped barrel helps reduce the rifle’s overall weight to seven pounds, down from 7.8 pounds in the standard M48 Long Range. The barrel also boosts shooting accuracy, as it’s touted as being stiffer and capable of dissipating heat at a faster rate than traditional stainless steel barrels. The barrel is mated to a M48 receiver and bedded in a MCS-T carbon fiber stock.
Available in 6.5 Creedmoor, 26 Nosler, 28 Nosler, 300 Winchester Magnum, 30 Nosler, 33 Nosler, the M48 Long Range Carbon is designed for mountain hunting, backcountry treks and long range competition. It’s overall length is 48 inches and it features a metal sniper grey Cerakote finish. The magazine capacity is four rounds in 6.5 Creedmoor and three rounds in all other options. MSRP: $2,995.
For more, visit nosler.com.
Nosler M48 Long Range Carbon Features
- Nosler Model 48 Custom Action
- Action and Bottom Metal Cerakoted Sniper Grey
- Timney Trigger with 2 Position Safety
- Manners MCS-T Elite Tac 100 percent Carbon Fiber Stock in Elite Midnight Camo
- 26” Proof, Light Sendero Contour, Carbon Fiber-Wrapped Barrel
- 5/8×24 Threaded Muzzle
- Glass and Aluminum Pillar Bedding
- Hinged Floorplate
- Guaranteed M.O.A. Accuracy with Prescribed Nosler Ammunition