Long-range shooting, both for competition and defense, continues to be a hot category. And the .50 BMG, well, when has that not been popular (at least in daydream scenarios)? Now Remington’s latest bolt gun promises to garner attention in a fairly crowded field. The new Remington R2Mi rifle brings .50 BMG power into a left-hand bolt, right-port bolt-action platform.
Remington R2Mi Details
The R2Mi bolt-action rifle promises sub-MOA accuracy in a .50 BMG platform, according to Remington. It harnesses the most from the cartridge via a 30-inch barrel free-floated barrel with a 1:15 twist. A 10-round box magazine feeds the system and ensures comfortable cycling, with no need for the shooter to adjust positions.
The R2Mi utilizes a design that proves simple to assemble and maintain, according to Remington. The upper receiver locks to the lower receiver with two integral pins. Meanwhile, a full-length Picatinny rail accommodates a wide range of optics. Lastly, MSRP comes in at $4,599. Check out more of the features below. For more information, please visit Remington.com.
Remington R2Mi Features
- Bolt action: left bolt / right port, for faster cycling of action
- Lothar Walther barrel free-floated within vented hand guard
- Lower receiver machined from T6-6061 aluminum billet
- MIL-STD 1913 rail on receiver and vented hand guard
- Hard anodized type 3 green finish on aluminum parts (Mil-Spec)
- Manganese phosphate finish on steel parts
- Equipped with AAC muzzle brake to accept Cyclops silencer
- Steel bipod with folding legs
- Disassembles like an AR-type rifle for cleaning and maintenance
- Ships in custom Pelican Storm Case with two 10-round magazines, bipod, hearing and eye protection and cable lock
Remington R2Mi Specs
- Caliber: .50 BMG
- Overall Magazine Capacity: 10
- Overall Barrel Length: 30 inches
- Twist Rate: 1:15
- Overall Length: 57 inches
- Barrel Finish: Manganese
- MSRP: $4,599
Oregon police shot and killed a suspect who fired 36 rounds at officers and...
by Tactical Life / May 14, 2020