Savage Arms recently announced its newest addition to the 110 family of rifles, the 110 Prairie Hunter chambered in .224 Valkyrie. Savage bills the new variant as one built for target shooting and hunting alike.
“This new configuration, built on our time-tested 110 bolt action, is our first 224 Valkyrie rifle and its features are specifically designed for long distance shooting,” said Savage Senior Brand Manager Jessica Treglia. “The wide variety of bullet options available in the 224 Valkyrie cartridge makes Savage’s 110 Prairie Hunter ideal for long-distance target shooters, hunters targeting medium-sized game such as pronghorn, varmint hunters or backyard plinkers.”
The 110 Prairie Hunter utilizes the full ballistics of the .224 Valkyrie cartridge. The rifle’s AccuFit system makes it easy to customize comb height and length-of-pull to any hunter. It also comes with a user-adjustable AccuTrigger, 22-inch button-rifled barrel and target crown. The combination helps the rifle deliver consistent accuracy at extreme ranges. The 110 Prairie Hunter features a threaded muzzle, synthetic stock with a beavertail fore-end, three QD studs and a detachable box magazine.
Savage 110 Prairie Hunter Features
- Bolt-action 224 Valkyrie
- Cartridge offers the least wind drift and drop in its class and less than half the recoil of cartridges with similar ballistics
- AccuFit system: Ergonomic synthetic stock with adjustable length-of-pull and comb height
- 22-inch carbon steel threaded barrel (1/2-28) with cap
- Drilled and tapped with one-piece 20 MOA rail
- Detachable box magazine
- User-adjustable AccuTrigger
- Gray synthetic stock with beavertail fore-end and three QD studs
- Target crown
Prairie Hunter Specifications
- Action Type: Bolt Action
- Finish: Matte Black
- Rifling: 1:7
- Sights: None
- Tripper Pull Weight: 1.5-6 pounds, adjustable AccuTrigger
- Stock: Gray Synthetic
- Overall Length: 42.25 inches
- Overall Weight: 8.75 pounds
- MSRP: $759
For more information, visit savagearms.com.
Accurate, fast, reliable, and topped with a Leupold Optics DeltaPoint Pro, the Kimber Super...
by Fred Mastison / Aug 12, 2019