Springfield Armory just released its first-ever AR-10-type rifle. The new SAINT Victor .308 brings the harder-hitting caliber to the popular SAINT line of rifles and pistols.
SAINT Victor .308 Details
The SAINT Victor .308 features a 16-inch lightweight profile CMV barrel that is Melonite coated inside and out to provide corrosion resistance. The upper also includes an M-LOK free-float 15-inch handguard. Within, a mid-length gas system delivers a smooth recoil impulse and reliability, according to Springfield Armory.
The SAINT Victor .308 also features a full-length “interrupted” rail to reduce weight and accommodate modern shooting styles. An Accu-Tite tension system eliminates movement between the flat-top upper and receiver and the lower receiver.
Springfield’s new AR-10 also features a pinned low-profile gas block. Additionally, high-quality spring-loaded flip-up sights are included. Further, a Springfield Armory-designed muzzle brake eliminates barrel rise and softens recoil, according to Springfield Armory. Meanwhile, the rifle’s end plate includes a QD mount for sling attachment. Also, the rifle ships with one 20-round Magpul Gen M3 PMAG.
The SAINT Victor .308 also features an enhanced bolt carrier group with a Melonite finish. Finally, the bolt itself is constructed of 9310 steel and is MPI-tested and shot peened to ensure reliability, according to Springfield Armory.
With lightweight components, a mid-length gas system and parts treated to withstand corrosion, the SAINT Victor in .308 Win. is likely to be popular with Springfield Armory fans. The manufacturer continues to innovate, as seen with the all-new 11+1, concealable Springfield Hellcat. Long a source for M1A rifles in .308, the AR-10 era is off to an exciting start with the Springfield’s newest Saint.
For more information, visit springfield-armory.com.
Springfield Armory SAINT Victor .308 Specs
- Caliber: .308 Win
- Overall Barrel Length: 16 inches
- Muzzle Device: Proprietary SA Muzzle Brake
- Trigger: Enhanced Nickel Boron Coated Single Stage Flat
- Upper & Lower: Forged Type III Hard Coat Anodized, 7075 T6 Aluminum with Accu-Tite Tension System
- Gas System: Direct Impingement, Mid-Length, Pinned Gas Block
- Buffer Assembly: Carbine “H” Heavy Tungsten Buffer
- Buttstock: Bravo Company 6-Position
- Pistol Grip: Bravo Company Mod 3
- Overall Length: 37.75 inches extended, 34.5 inches collapsed
- Overall Weight: 7 pounds, 11 ounces