Earlier this year, Springfield Armory released its first-ever AR-10-type rifle, the SAINT Victor in .308. Available in both rifle and pistol variants, the SAINT Victor gives Springfield fans an AR-type, hard-hitting platform outside of its traditional M1A family of guns. At the recent Athlon Outdoor Rendezvous, we got the chance to get a little time on the trigger with Springfield’s newest heavy hitter.
Springfield SAINT Victor .308
The SAINT Victor features a 16-inch lightweight CMV barrel. It utilizes a Melonite coating inside and out to provide corrosion resistance. The upper also comes with a 15-inch M-LOK handguard. The rifle runs on a mid-length gas system as well.
The SAINT Victor .308 also features a full-length “interrupted” rail to reduce weight and accommodate modern shooting styles. An Accu-Tite tension system eliminates movement between the flat-top upper and receiver and the lower receiver.
Springfield’s new AR-10 also features a pinned low-profile gas block. Additionally, high-quality spring-loaded flip-up sights are included. Further, a Springfield Armory-designed muzzle brake eliminates barrel rise and softens recoil, according to Springfield Armory. Meanwhile, the rifle’s end plate includes a QD mount for sling attachment. Also, the rifle ships with one 20-round Magpul Gen M3 PMAG.
The SAINT Victor .308 also features an enhanced bolt carrier group with a Melonite finish. Finally, the bolt itself is constructed of 9310 steel and is MPI-tested and shot peened to ensure reliability, according to Springfield Armory.
For more information, visit springfield-armory.com.
Springfield Armory SAINT Victor .308 Specs
- Caliber: .308 Win.
- Overall Barrel Length: 16 inches
- Muzzle Device: Proprietary SA Muzzle Brake
- Trigger: Enhanced Nickel Boron Coated Single Stage Flat
- Upper & Lower: Forged Type III Hard Coat Anodized, 7075 T6 Aluminum with Accu-Tite Tension System
- Gas System: Direct Impingement, Mid-Length, Pinned Gas Block
- Buffer Assembly: Carbine “H” Heavy Tungsten Buffer
- Buttstock: Bravo Company 6-Position
- Pistol Grip: Bravo Company Mod 3
- Overall Length: 37.75 inches extended, 34.5 inches collapsed
- Overall Weight: 7 pounds, 11 ounces
- MSRP: $1,399
Based on a full-size Remington 700, the Bergara B-14R bolt-action in .22 LR emerges...
by Tactical Life / Dec 17, 2019