Austrian gun maker Voere announced its K15A bolt-action rifle. And we like what we see so far.
Chambered in .22 LR, the K15A features a 19.6-inch carbon fiber-wrapped steel barrel with a 1/2-20″ muzzle thread; glass fiber reinforced polymer stock with ambidextrous snap lock adapters, height-adjustable cheek piece, length-adjustable buttplate and a steep pistol grip; 11mm prism rail for a scope mount or open sight; and a cock-on-open bolt with a 60 degree throw.
In addition, the K15A comes with a Freeland rail on the forend for attaching accessories, with optionally available Weaver rails on both sides; two-stage trigger; two-position firing pin safety; and CNC machined parts, with no cast parts used.
The rifle feeds from a five-round polymer magazine. A single-shot version is also available. The magazine catch is located in front of the magazine, which makes life easier for the shooter when handling the rifle.
The K15A comes in FDE and weighs in at 3.3 pounds overall; it measures 39.3 inches in overall length. Furthermore, it can be ordered with a biathlon string, Freeman to UIT-adapter, and an integrally suppressed barrel.
Meanwhile, MSRP on the rifle comes in at $698.62. See all of the specs and features below. For even more info on Voere and its products, please visit voere.at.
Voere K15A Specs
- Caliber: .22 LR
- Overall Length: 39.3 inches
- Overall Weight: 3.3 pounds
- Barrel Length: 19.6 inches
- Capacity: 5 rounds
- System: Cock-on-open bolt, steel construction bolt action, robust locking lug, only 60 degree opening angle
- Safety: Firing pin safety
- Barrel: Steel barrel with Carbon fibreshell more than 3mm and 1/2″ UNF Muzzle thread
- Trigger: Two stage trigger
- Sight: 11 mm Prism rail
- Magazine: 5-rounds polymer magazine
- Stock: Synthetic stock with length adjustable buttplate and height adjustable cheekpiece, steep pistol grip, UIT rail in forend
- Color: Flat Dark Earth
China's 7.62x54R Type 53 carbine has served faithfully for more than half a century...
by Leroy Thompson / Jul 5, 2018