French gunmaker Chapuis announced the launch of two premium shotgun lines, the Chapuis Faisan Classic and Artisan. The over-under shotguns brings performance with exquisite aesthetics.
Chapuis Faisan Over-Under Shotguns
The shotguns blend modern technology with classic lines for a unique, high-end presentation. The Classic and Artisan each come in 12, 20 and 28 gauge.
“Pheasant hunting is one of the time-honored traditions of gentleman hunting,” said Chapuis Product Manager Tom Leoni. “Faisan is French for ‘pheasant,’ and these two shotguns honor the classical beauty associated with upland shotguns from the days of yore along with providing great in-field performance with modern technology. Anyone who goes afield with a Faisan will surely be proud to show it to others.”
Each shotgun receiver comes from a single block of forged steel. The Faisan action provides maximum resistance and durability, according to Chapuis. The low-profile design also allows the support hand to ride very close to the bore axis. The result delivers instinctive pointability. Modern updates include an automatic safety, ejectors and convenient, modern chokes.
The Faisan comes in two different grades: Classic and Artisan. The Classic features a laser-engraved receiver and a AAA-grade satin walnut stock. The Artisan boasts AAAAA-grade walnut stock and hand-engraved receiver. Both models come with a single trigger, 28-inch barrel, round action and five interchangeable flush choke tubes.
The Chapuis Faisan comprises a high-end line of shotguns, with retail prices to match. For even more info, please visit chapuis-usa.com.
Chapuis Faisan Classic and Artisan Specs
- Gauge: 12, 20 and 28
- Chambering: 2-3/4 and 3 inches.
- Overall Capacity: 2
- Barrel Length: 28 inches
- Overall Length: 45 inches
- Overall Weight: 5.5-6.2 pounds
- Stock: AAA-grade walnut (Classic), AAAAA-Grade walnut (Artisan)
- Receiver: Laser engraved (Classic), Hand-engraved (Artisan)
- Chokes: Flush C/IC/M/IM/F chokes
- Sights: Vented rib with brass bead
- Trigger: Single
- Safety: Automatic
- Length of Pull: 14.9 inches
- Drop at Heel: 2.24 inches
- Drop at Comb: 1.37 inches
- Ejector: Automatic
- MSRP: Classic 12-gauge ($4,859), 20-gauge ($5,159), 28-gauge ($6,099); Artisan 12-gauge ($9,859), 20-gauge ($10,159), 28-gauge ($11,099)