Though previously offered through the Savage Special Order Office, this full release makes the 212 and 220 available everywhere, according to Savage. Also, the 212 is chambered in 12-gauge, while the 220 comes in 20-gauge.
Savage Model 212 and 220
Savage based each of the shotguns on the company’s iconic Model 110 rifle action. Further, Savage machines that action from steel bar stock. Also, the company secures the action three-dimensionally along its entire length by the AccuStock internal chassis, according to Savage.
The shotguns utilize 22-inch carbon steel barrels that are free-floated and secured to the receiver using a Model 110-style locking nut. Meanwhile, the company’s popular AccurTrigger is user-adjustable. Also, the AccuFit system delivers adjustment capability for length-of-pull and comb height. A detachable, two-round magazine rounds out a turkey gun package that is quite unlike most tube-fed platforms on the market.
Savage Model 212 and 220 Features
- Smoothbore bolt-action shotgun platform built like a rifle
- AccuFit system lets hunters adjust comb height and length-of-pull
- AccuStock rail system secures the action three-dimensionally along its entire length
- 22-inch overall, free-floating blued barrel
- Interchangeable extra-full turkey choke (Win. choke thread)
- Detachable box magazine
- User-adjustable AccuTrigger
- One-piece synthetic stock with Mossy Oak Obsession camouflage
- One-piece rail for easy optic mounting
The Savage Model 212 retails for $779, while the Model 220 retails for $695. For more information, visit savagearms.com.