Savage Arms turned heads last year with the launch of its first-ever semi-auto shotgun, the Renegauge. Since then, the company keeps turning out new models, from field guns to hunting specific models such as waterfowl and turkey shotguns. Now Savage puts on its racing gear with the release of the Renegauge Competition.
Savage Renegauge Competition
The new Competition adds elements specifically designed for racing in practical shotgun and 3-gun sports. The extended magazine tube increases capacity to a full ten rounds. The barrel comes finished with Melonite. Meanwhile, the receiver, magazine tube and Extended Skeet2 Light Modified Choke exhibit a Cerakote finish.
Savage’s D.R.I.V. regulating gas system vents excess gas prior to driving the bolt. The system enables the shotgun to handle light birdshot and hot slugs without any adjustment. It also delivers consistent ejection and less felt recoil, according to Savage.
An adjustable stock enables users fit length of pull, comb height and drop and cast. A carbon steel vent rib and red Hi-Viz Tri-Comp Front Sight helps get shooters on target fast. Oversized controls and a striking red and black color combo round out an impressive package.
This shotgun comes competition-ready right out of the box, and it brings a price to match. The Renegauge Competition retails for just under $2K. For even more info, please visit savagearms.com.
Renegauge Competition Features
- D.R.I.V. gas system
- Extended Magazine Tube (9+1)
- Matte black adjustable stock for length of pull, comb height, drop and cast
- One-piece, chrome plated action bar assembly
- Chrome plated reciprocating components
- Stock rod buffer to reduce felt recoil
- Fluted barrel with melonite finish
- Carbon steel ventilated rib with red Hi-Viz Tri-Comp Front Sight
- Competition-ready easy loading magazine port
- Oversized controls
- Extended Skeet2 Light Mod. Choke (.015”) (Beretta/Benelli)
- Red Cerakote Receiver, Extended Magazine Tube, and Extended Choke
Savage Renegauge Competition Specs
- Gauge: 12
- Chamber: 3-inch
- Barrel Length: 24 inches
- Overall Length: 45.5 inches
- Capacity: 9+1
- Overall Weight: 8.1 pounds
- MSRP: $1,959
When a suspect with a handgun stole his baby and opened fire, a Phoenix...
by Tactical Life / Jan 28, 2021