A pretty cool shotgun design just got even cooler. Savage Arms recently released its award-winning Renegauge shotgun in TrueTimber Prairie, adding another option for hunters and shooters alike.
Savage Renegauge TrueTimber Prairie Details
“Over the past year, Renegauge has proven to be a versatile platform,” said Beth Shimanski, Director of Marketing at Savage Arms. “And TrueTimber’s Prairie is a versatile camouflage pattern that’s ideal for the arid landscapes of the west and Midwest, and the barrel and receiver of this new Renegauge are coated in a light-tan Cerakote that protects as well as it blends in.”
The Renegauge shotgun brings much to the table. The heart of the platform is its Dual Regulation Inline Valve system (D.R.I.V). It runs both low-brass target and magnum hunting shells with equal reliability, according to Savage. Though marketed as a hunting shotgun, its sure to see work in 3-gun matches soon.
The fluted barrel creates a well-balanced gun, one that swings well, according to Savage. Protective coatings and finishes help the shotgun stand up to years of abuse, whether in duck blinds or long weekends on the range.
Savage Renegauge Features
- D.R.I.V. gas system
- TrueTimberPrairie Camo stock adjustable for length of pull, comb height, drop and cast
- One-piece, chrome plated action bar assembly
- Chrome plated reciprocating components
- Stock rod buffer to reduce felt recoil
- Fluted barrel with Cerakote finish
- Carbon steel ventilated rib with red fiberoptic sight
- Competition-ready easy loading magazine port
- Oversized controls
- 3 interchangeable flush mount choke tubes (Beretta/Benelli) – IC, M, F
- Hard-sided carrying case
The Savage Renegauge comes in several other different colors, with Waterfowl, Turkey and Field variants. For even more information, please visit savagearms.com.
Savage Renegauge TrueTimber Prairie Specs
- Action: Semi-Auto
- Barrel Color: Brown Sand Cerakote
- Barrel Finish: Cerakote
- Overall Barrel Length: 28 inches
- Barrel Material: Carbon Steel
- Overall Magazine Capacity: 4
- Length of Pull: 14.25-15.07 inches
- Magazine: Tube
- Receiver Color: Brown Sand Cerakote
- Receiver Finish: Cerakote
- Material (Receiver): Aluminum
- Stock Material: Synthetic
- Overall Weight: 7.9 pounds
- MSRP: $1,549