Springfield Armory just released its first-ever AR-10-type rifle. The new SAINT Victor .308 brings the harder-hitting caliber to the popular SAINT line of rifles and pistols.
The SAINT Victor .308 features a 16-inch lightweight profile CMV barrel that is Melonite coated inside and out to provide corrosion resistance. The upper also includes an M-LOK free-float 15-inch handguard. Within, a mid-length gas system delivers a smooth recoil impulse and reliability, according to Springfield Armory.
The SAINT Victor .308 also features a full-length “interrupted” rail to reduce weight and accommodate modern shooting styles. An Accu-Tite tension system eliminates movement between the flat-top upper and receiver and the lower receiver.
Springfield’s new AR-10 also features a pinned low-profile gas block. Additionally, high-quality spring-loaded flip-up sights are included. Further, a Springfield Armory-designed muzzle brake eliminates barrel rise and softens recoil, according to Springfield Armory. Meanwhile, the rifle’s end plate includes a QD mount for sling attachment. Also, the rifle ships with one 20-round Magpul Gen M3 PMAG.
The SAINT Victor .308 also features an enhanced bolt carrier group with a Melonite finish. Finally, the bolt itself is constructed of 9310 steel and is MPI-tested and shot peened to ensure reliability, according to Springfield Armory.
With lightweight components, a mid-length gas system and parts treated to withstand corrosion, the SAINT Victor in .308 Win. is likely to be popular with Springfield Armory fans. Long a source for M1A rifles in .308, the AR-10 era is off to an exciting start with the Springfield’s newest Saint.
For more information, visit springfield-armory.com.
Springfield Armory SAINT Victor .308 Specifications
- Caliber: .308 Win
- Overall Barrel Length: 16 inches
- Muzzle Device: Proprietary SA Muzzle Brake
- Trigger: Enhanced Nickel Boron Coated Single Stage Flat
- Upper & Lower: Forged Type III Hard Coat Anodized, 7075 T6 Aluminum with Accu-Tite Tension System
- Gas System: Direct Impingement, Mid-Length, Pinned Gas Block
- Buffer Assembly: Carbine “H” Heavy Tungsten Buffer
- Buttstock: Bravo Company 6-Position
- Pistol Grip: Bravo Company Mod 3
- Overall Length: 37.75 inches extended, 34.5 inches collapsed
- Overall Weight: 7 pounds, 11 ounces
The Executive VP of the FLEOAF takes a look at the recent Oklahoma open carry incident...
by Donald J. Mihalek / Apr 23, 2019