Highly modular and mission-adaptable, the new P320 pistol from Sig Sauer takes this storied company’s handgun offerings fully into the 21st century. With numerous chamberings as well as frame sizes available, based around a serialized internal chassis, the P320 is ready for any LEO mission. Read on to find out more.
1. Hammerless, Striker-Fired System: The hammerless, striker-fired system of the P320 makes the pistol ideally suited for LE use. It simplifies training and transitions, and is also affordable and extremely rugged.
2. Grip: An interchangeable grip frame allows armorers to better fit each gun to an individual officer or mission. It also allows for a change to a shorter grip for detectives or other plainclothes assignments.
3. Caliber Interchangeability: The P320’s caliber interchangeability allows trainers to custom-tailor a pistol to fit an officer’s needs and abilities. It also means pistols can be easily converted for concealed carry or plainclothes utilizing the same internals and without buying a second firearm.
4. Picatinny Rail: The integral Picatinny accessory rail on the pistol makes fitting it out with lights or lasers for a specific mission easy and quick.
5. Night Sights: The P320’s SIGLITE night sights are factory installed and rugged, allowing for LE officers to be able to actively engaged threats in deadly low-light situations.
6. Rear Sight: The ledged rear sight facilitates one-handed reloads and other drills from less-than-conventional positions.
7. P226-Pattern: A standard P226-pattern sight dovetail provides numerous options for those looking to use different sights.
8. Easy Disassembly: The P320 features an extremely safe disassembly process. It doesn’t require the user to press the trigger to remove the slide assembly for cleaning or maintenance.
9. No External Trigger Safety: The P320 is fully drop safe without the need for an external trigger safety. This allows for a better trigger feel, and no chance of an inadvertent failure interfering with trigger manipulation.
10. Trigger: The trigger itself features a tactile and audible reset. Many agencies focus on trigger reset for training and accuracy, making the P320 compatible with most police training regimens.
Sig Sauer Academy's two-day, 1,000-round Advanced Defensive Rifle course takes any shooter's carbine training...
by Dave Bahde / Jun 20, 2014