Newly introduced by Weatherby, the PA-459 TR 8-Shot pump-action shotgun is built for law enforcement duty.
From the synthetic pistol-grip stock to the interchangeable choke system, the PA-459 TR has features galore — features that every law enforcement agency should consider closely. Check out the top 10 features in the gallery above.
- RELATED STORY: Weatherby Mark V Terramark RC & Ultra Lightweight RC
- Weatherby includes an extended magazine tube with the PA-459 TR 8-Shot, making it easy to hold seven 2¾ -inch shells in the tube and one in the chamber.
- The shotgun weighs only 6.5 pounds unloaded, making it easy to carry all day long for extended missions.
- The cushiony pistol grip on the PA-459 TR helps mitigate felt recoil and makes it easy to control the shotgun.
- Weatherby ships the shotgun with ready-to-go sights, including a fiber-optic front and a ghost-ring rear sight.
- The receiver sports a top rail for quickly mounting a red-dot sight.
- The enlarged bolt release is easy to operate, even while wearing gloves or under stress.
- With its 13.5-inch length of pull and cushiony buttpad, the PA-459 TR 8-Shot has less felt recoil and works well with body armor.
- Sling swivel studs included in the PA-459 8-Shot package make adding a sling a snap.
- The screw-in cylinder-bore choke can quickly be changed as ammunition needs dictate.
- An integral rail on the forend makes it easy to mount lights and lasers as no extra cost.
For more on the Weatherby PA-459 TR 8-Shot, keep your eyes for a full test and review in an upcoming issue of GUNS & WEAPONS FOR LAW ENFORCEMENT. To subscribe, please visit Tactical-life.com/subscribe.
Also, for more information on products from Weatherby, please be sure to visit Weatherby.com.
- RELATED STORY: Top Tactical Shotguns, Accessories For 2015