Here are the top 10 reasons why the SRC-308 is perfect for patrol officers and shooters alike.
1. The SRC-308’s mil-spec hardcoat anodizing helps protect the carbine from the normal wear and tear dished out by a patrol unit.
2. Windham’s SRC-308 is chambered in .308 Winchester/7.62mm NATO, a proven performer in armed confrontations, allowing officers to control the situation quicker.
3. Using thinned proprietary receivers, the SRC-308’s unloaded weight was kept down to 7.55 pounds. The rifle’s light weight makes it easier for an officer to move quickly to and in an active scene.
4. For officers with prior exposure to the AR/M4 platform, the controls on the SRC-308 will function, feel and look the same.
5. With a flattop upper receiver wearing a full Picatinny rail and a same-plane railed gas block out front, the SRC-308 is ready for the addition of optics and backup sights.
6. The SRC-308 has QD sling swivel sockets at the rear of the lower receiver on both sides, as well as on the bottom of the railed gas block, making it easy to add a sling for those times when an officer needs to go hands free.
7. The carbine is exceptionally accurate to handle threats either close or far.
8. The use of many AR-15 parts in the Windham SRC-308 means an officer or agency can customize much of the carbine to meet their needs.
9. The carbine features a 16.5-inch, medium-contour barrel made from 4150 chrome-moly-vanadium steel. Its manganese-phosphate external finish is very durable.
10. Mil-spec chrome lining inside the barrel safeguards the interior from negligence, buying an officer extra time to complete needed maintenance.
For more on the Windham Weaponry SRC-308, keep your eyes peeled for a full test and evaluation in an upcoming issue of GUNS & WEAPONS FOR LAW ENFORCEMENT. To subscribe, visit Tactical-Life.com/subscribe.